SW with a baby and toddler - tips & support! :)

fairycakexx

Hello everyone,

I’ve managed to lose a stone easily with WW but I just don’t love it anymore! I have a toddler and a 7 month old baby and I am finding myself cooking lots of different meals because my meals were far from from warm, filling and yummy (and not particularly healthy all the time either!!) So, I’ve decided I’m going to go at SW, I will be doing at home and not following the online plan because my part time pennies wont stretch and lack of childcare won’t allow me to go to class! How do other mummies make recipes less salty or baby friendly? Most SW recipes have stock which obviously they tell you to avoid.. is it just a case of baby stock cubes? Or anyone have some ideal family recipes that their toddler loves? Or even just some encouragement that it can be done with barely any time to breathe!!

xx

Hello
I only have one child who is 4 but I have find sw since he was 18 months.
I love it and we all eat the same.
You can get lo salt stick cubes I have to say I don't use them I just don't add any salt.

Make the slow cooker your friend. Just chuck everything in in the morning and it's dine for tea there is a great thread on here about slow cookers.

Also pasta is free which is a great quick meal. Just add tinned toms

I give my son full fat yogurts and milk and white bread. Everything else he eats is the same as me.

I love Sw as well as making me lose weight it means my son eats a wuss variety of vegetables and often chooses them for his snacks

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Tomato based pasta sauces kids love and they are good and healthy for the littlens.

Check out the slow cooker recipe thread.

Welcome to slimming world xxx

When ds was little i would cook using the salt free baby stock cubes (think they sold them at boots?!) then took his portion off and put it in a separate pot and then i would season ours so we all ate the same!

I had my first go at SW when my son was about a year old. SW is great because it encourages you so much to cook from scratch with fresh ingredients and so many of the recipes are child friendly or easily adaptable :)

For stock I would often make my own either by boiling a roast chicken carcass or slow cooking joints of meat in water in my slow cooker. The meat is yummy and obviously slimming world friendly, and the liquid can then be used for soup or stock.

Last edited:
Back