SW & working term time only

CHRISR

Gold Member
Hi Everyone
I work term time only, off work since end of June and back to work in Sept. Does anyone else have a similar working pattern and do u think its easier to stay on plan when at work or at home.

Ive been thinking its easier when at home because you have more time for planning meals, cooking, shopping etc etc.

And its difficult taking a lot of free food for lunch sometimes only 15 mins to get food down.

Just wondered really if anyone else was the same as me.

I wouldnt change my job for anything working term time is great -

Thanks x :)

Slighlty different as i'm now on Maternity leave whereas was working full time all sorts of working patterns too!

I find it much easier at home - more time to cook, prepare and plan xx

I am the opposite, at work I get a free lunch and make it the main meal of the day so I do find it easier. Things may change next week when I am back as we have a new HT and I may not be on dinner duty anymore :-(.

Im a student so have uni at term time but im also on placement at primary schools so i understand the short breaks etc.i find that when at home i do have more time but as long as im prepared its fine,usually on a sunday i sort out what im eating and make some freezable stuff then.and sort out a free lunch to take with me.mug shots are good when you only have a kettle in a staffroom:) nice and filling.

I work term time, I don't have the full school holidays off, just 4 weeks in summer but I too find it easier, I've been trying lots of new recipes which I normally never get chance to do.
Also I'm not usually very organised so theres more chance of me going off plan when I'm at work as I don't always sort my lunch out in time and just grab something before I leave, its usually something SW friendly but can be a bit boring so I can feel a bit deprived - therefore more chance of buying snacks that I shouldn't.
I go back next monday and I'm going to try to be more organised so I can make lunches a bit more exciting.

I work in an FE college with a cafe full of tempting stuff but im usually very good whilst im at work. Except im ravenous at the end of the day and thats were i could go haywire. I hope i get a good timetable this year with decent breaks so i can have a proper lunch. Hope we get some good students too for that matter lol

Before my second baby I worked as a teacher. I think there are pros and cons to term time versus holiday time. During term time, I was always too busy to think about food, so whatever I took in my packed lunch would be healthy and see me through a busy day.

The difficult bit was every time a member of staff had a birthday, they would bring in cakes for everyone. (And there were a lot of staff at my school so birthdays happened a lot!) Also on the days I hadn't had time to pack a lunch, I would end up having school lunch - a healthy jacket potato, often followed by a naughty treacle sponge and custard, or other stodgy pudding!

The plus side of school holidays meant more time to shop, cook and plan. The downside, more time to snack!

But I never really stuck to SW very closely in those days. I think the weight stayed off cos I was so busy!

The difficult bit was every time a member of staff had a birthday, they would bring in cakes for everyone. (And there were a lot of staff at my school so birthdays happened a lot!)
I know that feeling! and end of term, and if something went well etc etc (notice the recurring theme:rolleyes:)

Im a student so have uni at term time but im also on placement at primary schools so i understand the short breaks etc.i find that when at home i do have more time but as long as im prepared its fine,usually on a sunday i sort out what im eating and make some freezable stuff then.and sort out a free lunch to take with me.mug shots are good when you only have a kettle in a staffroom:) nice and filling.

I am a trainee primary school teacher and mug shots were my life saver on my last placement :)

I love working term time only. I finished at the beginning of June and go back 22nd September. Its great. I always meal plan though. Often staying neutralish at lunchtime on free foods so that I can eat what I fancy (as long as its on one of my menus) switching days if I want. Im better at staying on plan during term time as I sometimes nibble on extras during the hols. Which unfortunatley is what Ive done this week and now I feel depressed as I go on holiday for 2 weeks tommorow and dont want to go on a downward spiral.

Im better at staying on plan during term time as I sometimes nibble on extras during the hols. Which unfortunatley is what Ive done this week and now I feel depressed as I go on holiday for 2 weeks tommorow and dont want to go on a downward spiral.

Thats the problem with being at home with no structure like when at work. I have been very good this hol but still finding it hard to lose weight. Go and enjoy your holiday get back to plan 100% when u r back x

Back