swapped from cambridge to Atkins today

Fisherman

Silver Member
Hi all
time to stop lurking on this forum and join it. Just completed 10 or so weeks on Cambridge in which i have lost 4 1/2 + stone which was great but as i need to slow down the weigh loss slightly and start to build muscle and fitness swapped to Atkins. I did Atkins about 7 years ago and even lost 6 stone so know the diet and tbh should never of stopped low carbing as put most of weight back on. so beyond losing the last 2 stone i need to lose its to live a low carb life as its what suits my body

Hi Fisherman :wavey:

PLEASE read my recent posts about swapping from Cambridge to Atkins.
You seem to be in a very similar position to me, and I hope it goes a lot smoother for you! :D

just had a read steve and does seem we followed a simialr path. Expect a few rough days to start. out of intrest how long into the switch did you start intesive exercise and while on cambridge just kept it to lots of walking and swimming as could not push myself as much as i wanted on cambridge and no point trying to build musle on 500 cals lol

I only gave it a week before I jumped in to P90. It seems I should have given it longer, but I had unfounded faith in my body to know what to do with all the extra fuel. :(

It seems some kind of refeed is required before sinking into very low carb properly, similar to moving up through the CWP plans, I suppose.

Of course, you may be completely different and it'll all go swimmingly for you. I do hope so! :)

Oh good, another bloke posting, hi mate and welcome

Yay, Jim's got bloke friends :D
Welcome & good luck

cheers jim and cinta and there is deff a lack of bloke of this site lol just had my first ever MIM they are pretty damn nice was surprised after opening the flaxseed packet.
Steve figure its going to be a wild ride for 1st week coming from no food to atkins and no doing refeeding stages so realisticly be happy if after 2 weeks i am same weight now and starting to work on fitness

Back