Sweet chilli chicken taster - suprised

BubblyLady4

Hi all, just bought a little pack of 'sushi' from Tesco - called a sweet chilli chicken taster. Cant find it online on SW as a pack so put in the values and including chicken as free food says 4 syns per pack and without free chicken as 5.5 syns. I am suprised by this as it's just chicken and rice and rice paper.

Anyone have any book that has this listed in or anything?

Nutritional values are -
Per 100g (serving 65g)
Cal - 166
Protein - 6.4
Carb - 30.7
Fat - 1.4

Thanks, Vikki

1syn per pack with rice as the free food.

As you say sushi I assumed that rice was a larger portion of the pack than the chicken.

There is no list of ingredients for this product on Tesco's website, but a similar product (Sweet Chili Pick and Mix Sushi) has similar nutritional values to the ones you mention, and has the following ingredients, which include oil and sugar in the sushi rice, corn starch in the chicken, and sugar in the chili sauce, all of which would be synned:

Sushi Rice (Water, Rice, Rice Vinegar, Spirit Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, Vegetable Oil),Cooked Chicken Breast (10%) (Chicken Breast, Water, Corn Starch) ,Red Pepper ,Sweet Chilli Sauce (Sugar, Water, Malt Vinegar, Chilli Purée, Garlic, Cornflour, Onion, Salt, Colour (Paprika Extract), Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum)) ,Soy Sauce Bottle ,Black Sesame Seeds ,Nori Seaweed ,Soy Sauce Bottle contains: Soy Sauce (Water, Soya Bean, Wheat, Salt)

Thanks both.

Yea Anna i did expect Syns but maybe not as high as 4 syns.

Hi Squares, yes lot more rice than chicken so that would make sense. I'll go with 2 syns to half the difference and see what SW consultant says next week :)

Thanks both for your help!

Back