sweet ideas???

Hi All,

I am doing weight watchers, but not really losing so have decided to do low carb but still count prop points (if i dont i will eat non stop!) So i have basically cut out bread, crackers, rice, pasta, potatoes, cakes etc.
Problem is i am craving something sweet and crunchy (like a biscuit lol)
Do you have any sweet treats that are low carb?
Thanks x

How about an Atkins advantage bar? They're generally between 2-3 grams net carbs each, depending on the flavour (my faves are choc orange and caramel peanut butter), about 220 calories I think, and they are really quite sweet, so much that I often just have half, and keep half for later (absolutely unlike me where chocolate is concerned!)

Theres a low carb ice cream thats just come on the market. My son have given me some to try. I was sceptical about it but it tastes just like the real thing. I belie its low in fat as well

susieb1 said:
Theres a low carb ice cream thats just come on the market. My son have given me some to try. I was sceptical about it but it tastes just like the real thing. I belie its low in fat as well

Don't suppose it's low carb as well as high protein? Wishful thinking on my part probably :)

I think it is. I have just started a post about it. I want to know other peoples feelings about it. It seems to good to be true!

I have done some research into the company. They seem pretty good and helpful. They told me all about their ice cream. Basically there is 22 grams of protein per pot and its very low in carbs and fats (only about 6% fat or something). They also said that all the carbs are fibrous and therefore don't affect blood sugar if that means anything to you.

Their website is very helpful, its gives you all the information you'd want really. Let me know what you guys think!!

susieb1 said:
I have done some research into the company. They seem pretty good and helpful. They told me all about their ice cream. Basically there is 22 grams of protein per pot and its very low in carbs and fats (only about 6% fat or something). They also said that all the carbs are fibrous and therefore don't affect blood sugar if that means anything to you.

Their website is very helpful, its gives you all the information you'd want really. Let me know what you guys think!!

Hi Susie, which product is it- is it the one called 'Whey Hey'? If so I looked on their website earlier to read up about it, do you know if you can get it in the UK though as it seemed very US-centric

I have just found a list of retailers on the website - there are not very many places selling it and they all seem to be in London, apart from one retailer in Salisbury. Lots and lots of good reviews for this stuff, lets hope they get more retailers to stock it.

Back