sweet pie bases, no margarine????

victini

Hi!

I could have sworn I had seen somewhere about making a sweet pie base with Digestive biscuits using just fry light instead of margarine to bind it. But now I cant find it anywhere

Anyone any experience with making sweet pie bases??

I am wanting to make a key lime pie for my other half who is enthused to try a slimming world dessert. Hes missed my baking since I started SW! haha!!!!

I have a recepie for one but its 5 syns per slice, I would LOVE a lower syn version.....so i can eat more..... LOL

Thanks all!

V xx

I've had a quick look online and you can make a sweet pie base by using digestive biscuit crumbs, spraying a pan with frylight and warming the crumbs in it before putting them into the pie dish. I think this must melt and draw out some of the fat that's already in the biscuits so that they stick together better without having to add any margarine.

There's a recipe online for a SW key lime pie at 2.5 syns per slice (serves 8) that uses this recipe so it looks like you might be able to halve your syns :)

that's the one I made! it was pretty tasty!

I tried the digestives and butter fry light, not amazing tbh lol it kinda burnt easy and the amount of sprays you have to use to get the crumbs to stick together, you may as well use margarine!

or this one

Key Lime Pie

8 digestives
57g low fat marg
1 sachet sugar free lemon/lime jelly
2tsp powdered gelatine
4 limes
few drops green food colouring (optional)
2 pots vanilla muller
198g quark
6 tbsp sweetener

put the biscuits in a bag & crush melt marg & stir biscuits in transfer to 7in loose bottom cake tin, press down & chill
make jelly with 142ml boiling water, stir in The gelatine & set aside to cool zest & squeeze the limes when jelly is cool put in processor with lime juice, food colouring, yogurt , quark & the sweetener, blend until smooth put in cake tin, chill overnight 5 syns per serving- serves 8

Back