Sweet Potato Suggestions

I love sweet potato wedges, before putting them in the oven I spray with fry light and sprinkle paprika and cinnamon over them. Taste lovely ;0)

Tell a lie, it was StaceyUK, this is from 2009, obviously DON'T food processor it now (I never have) and increase the oats to the new portion size

These are surprisingly good and with a little pat of margarine & maple syrup (count the syns! Maple syrup: 1 tbsp = 2 syns) they are very passable as proper pancakes. You have to like sweet potatoes though! These would also be great with some fresh fruit on top and sweetened yogurt poured over for breakfast with a twist!

Makes 6 pancakes
2 pancakes = 1 HEX B and 1/2 syn

Ingredients:

225g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
84g oats
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp honey (optional - I tried with and without and both were good!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pot Vanilla Muller Light
2 tbsp Splenda

1) Put the sweet potato in a microwaveable bowl. Add about 2 tbsp water, cover and microwave for 5-6 mins until tender.

2) Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz. If the mixture is too thick, add a little milk or water but it should be quite thick, though pourable.

3) Heat a non stick frying pan sprayed with butter Frylight and spoon batter onto it (I used a 1/4 cup sized measuring cup to measure out the batter - this made about 6.5 pancakes). Cook for 3 mins on each side or until golden.

Yummy! Sounds lovely-just wondered why you say not to use the food processor anymore??

my sweet potato jackets!!!

I have two of these bad boys sitting at home, any suggestions? I was going to roast them but someone said you could use them like jacket potatoes?

I roast them in the oven like normal potato's--- when they cooked , scoop out the flesh, add cracked black pepper and fat free fromage frais (or yogurt what ever u have in ) but pack in skins, serve with a huge salad
:D

weight.png

Never tried them - they look so ugly! Bless! Will deinitely try them now though. Thanks for all the Ideas guys. x

Back