Switch to ss+ and unsure?!?

lea01

Hi!
A little dilema this week. So many up's and down's but last week (also time of the month and ten times more heavy?) I really struggled. Found myself caving a tiny tiny bit. Had two mouths of chicken whilst cooking roast for everyone as just sooooo tired! Anyhow, also weighed myself everyday and have never done this before as frightened i'd get too obsessed (so true). Scales said I hadn't lost.....SCALES LIE!!! This was also my temptation to eat.
Saw CDC yesterday.....sobbed alot! Anyway have now switched to ss+ to try seeing if this helps my cravings. I had lost, 3lbs and another 6 inces! 12lbs and 12 inches in 17 days and when she pulled the tape out to where it was initially I was gobsmacked. The lbs are not always everything, the inches also count too so don't ever be disheartened by small losses.
Tried a meal last night. Had 170g of chicken breast, 80g of a little bit of muchrooms, cabbage, spinach and sping onion and a load of fresh spices and water and made a curry, well soup as couldn't thicken but tasted as good....especially when you haven't eaten for so long! But I did feel ever so bad and naughty, like I had put all the weight back on again in that one meal!
I have realised my relationship with food is more indepth than I realised! Arrgh!
At the same time cannot NOT eat forever! Anyone felt similar or feeling similar?
Thank you for reading my garble!
xx

Hi ya,

I do know exactly how you feel... I started on SS but by the time I got to day 14, all I could think about was food and using a knife and fork. I went on to SS+ as this was the only way I would cope with the diet. I really enjoyed having my spiced chicken and veg... although I found after a while it can get a little boring. I tried to vary this meal as much as I could and have now managed 10 weeks and almost lost the weight I set out to do. I felt like I would never eat a proper meal again but I am going to! I go on holiday in 2 1/2 weeks and want to enjoy all the food and alcohol I want but that will be making big changes, ie not creamy cocktails and very low carbs.
Everyone has their demons with food but when you see the weight coming off, It makes you more determined to keep it that way.
Now I have garbled back to you :)

Hi

I Switched to SS+ at the end of week 2 and am still losing, there's very little difference between the two vlcd's.

I use the bake in the oven bags with my chicken to keep it moist and add spices/curry powders etc. Look forward to it at the end of the day which I think will keep me on track more than not eating at all.

Hope the ss+ works for you to!

mrsf

I also swiched to ss+ after around 12days.. Im finding it much easier and the lbs seem to be coming off much quicker!!! X

Couldnt cope without my little SS+ meal love to eat something. Chicken and rocket or a mushroom omlette.

Thank you!

Thank you everyone. That really has made me feel better. I feel give it a go and see. Everyone is different and even if it did slow up I still think the diet is better to get me to target than others as the regieme is more structured regarding temptation. I have just enjoyed a fresh tuna steak with lemon and chilli and mixed veg from list and it was lovely. I think ss+ will get the last 12lbs off without such tiredness and difficulty (I hope!).
Thank you teresa! And well done getting to your target almost! Brilliant. Bet you feel great and just think about how much you will enjoy your holiday. And so you should eat and drink but I guess it's how we maintain it in long run isn't it. I've done it before after my first baby and i'll do it again. Used to be good all week and treats at weekends. And cane the gym! Haha. Have a wonderful holiday. Look forward to hearing how it goes! And also thank you others! Love omlettes too so def got that on for tomorrow! Luckily I ate all on the list before anyway, just have to have smaller amounts!
Thank you lovely fellow CD people!
I know I can come on here and it's all made better. Good luck with the rest of your journeys.:bighug:
Leaxxxx

I've been SS+ since day 5 and lose anywhere between 2 and 4 lb a week so far, and have been much saner than I would have been otherwise!

I started having the odd SS+ meal after about day 10 - hadn't meant to, but had a bout of sickness and just needed something solid afterwards.

I don't have one everyday, but it definately makes the diet more bearable for me knowing I can have some spicy quorn with peppers or a mushroom omelette and I'm happy with my losses.

Annie is right the citric acid will knock you out of ketosis and also peppers are not on the allowed list. Enjoy Jayne x

flab fighter said:
Annie is right the citric acid will knock you out of ketosis and also peppers are not on the allowed list. Enjoy Jayne x

Green peppers are allowed :)

Back