switching from sw to ww

sally31

Hi there,

Over the last couple of years ive been following the sw diet and attending groups i managed to lose 3 stone. However i got were i my weight seemed to stall and i became very very bored of the diet. So the last few months ive stopped attending class and weight is creeping back on.
So before i undo all of my hard work i want to get going again.
However the idea of doing sw does not inspire me so basically i am thinking of trying ww.
The only thing that has put me off many years ago i joined ww and as i am only 5 Foot 1 inch i wasn't allowed many points and i felt very hungry and seemed to use my points very easily.
But i do know that ww points system has changed and i wondered if maybe it would be suitable for me now.
I was wondering if people who do this new program find it better than the old plan.
I am 12 stone and would like to lose at least 2 stone.

Hi Sally.

I've done ww a couple of times in the past, lost a stone and a half or so, clothes fitted better so I gave up!
Very determined this time and I am very impressed with the new propoints system! It is geared much more towards real life and really living it! The daily pp allowance I find is quite adequate and the weekly allowance lets you live with events like birthdays, weddings, bbq's or just a takeaway and drinks for a night in!
I've lost 15lbs in 7 weeks with another 35 to lose, it's looking very good so far! I've been on the minimum 29pp daily from the start and most fruit & veg now free, (based on 5 a day) it's really manageable.

Good luck if you're giving it a go! Keep us posted.

Jackie x

Well I'm only 5ft 1 1/2 and I get 35 pp, but then you also get your extra weekly pps.
To be honest I'm never hungry - the food is there when I want it as are points for snack.
I've switched all my biscuity/crisp snacks to WW simply cos it's easier to count they're all pretty much 2pp per pack! Mind you theres a big difference between 16g (WW) and 25g (Walkers) lol, but as it's generally only the taste and crunch I'm after it's more than enough!
For a nice pud I have a cake bar 2pp with a yoghurt poured over 1pp (coconut cake and pineapple yog is my fave so far lol.
For watching tv I actually slice an apple it lasts longer and is more filling I don't know why.
Just use your pp wisely and you should never be hungry!

ooopss ~~~ of course the pp are weight based not height based! But mine will go down as I lose weight! So eventually I will be on 29.

Hi there,

Over the last couple of years ive been following the sw diet and attending groups i managed to lose 3 stone. However i got were i my weight seemed to stall and i became very very bored of the diet. So the last few months ive stopped attending class and weight is creeping back on.
So before i undo all of my hard work i want to get going again.
However the idea of doing sw does not inspire me so basically i am thinking of trying ww.
The only thing that has put me off many years ago i joined ww and as i am only 5 Foot 1 inch i wasn't allowed many points and i felt very hungry and seemed to use my points very easily.
But i do know that ww points system has changed and i wondered if maybe it would be suitable for me now.
I was wondering if people who do this new program find it better than the old plan.
I am 12 stone and would like to lose at least 2 stone.

Hiya!

The chances are you will be on 29pp, a lot of people are on 29, as well as weeklies (lifesaver). Fruit is free as well. I definitely find pp less strict than discover!

You get more "good" food for your points now. Bad stuff is highly pointed, but you can still have a treat now and then.

Just shake off the old discover plan, and enjoy the best plan ever <3

I have also be an avid follower of SW but have stalled and joined WW online 3 weeks ago. And I can definately say that you are not hungry and the new Pro points system is very good and fits in very well to family life and just life in general.

I would say give it a go, either at a class or online as they have good tools/resources.

Good luck :)

Sally, daily points and your weekly points as well as the free fruit and veg are all you need if you make the right choices you will not find yourself hungry. Plan out your meals before you start your day and you'll be fine. If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Not to hijack your thread but a lot of people seem to be making the move from sw to ww.... I'm just wondering why? There always seems to be a sw to ww thread on the go of late. Are ww advertising more or is it the new pp or something....?

I see a lot of WW adverts on the telly at the moment, and i definitely rave about it to my friends, i think PP plan is making people on SW think differently about their diet flexibility... SW was always the more felixible, less likely to be hungry diet, but not so much any more, as WW is now just as flexible but with a portion control element, which i know on SW would be a bit downfall for me, and when i tried it i consistently put on weight x

I don't watch tv so I don't know whats going on for the most part lol, I suppose word of mouth and friends seeing a difference in you is better than a 30 second ad on the telly tho :)

Sally, daily points and your weekly points as well as the free fruit and veg are all you need if you make the right choices you will not find yourself hungry. Plan out your meals before you start your day and you'll be fine. If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Not to hijack your thread but a lot of people seem to be making the move from sw to ww.... I'm just wondering why? There always seems to be a sw to ww thread on the go of late. Are ww advertising more or is it the new pp or something....?

I think WW this time have come up trumps and find a Healthy eating plan that fits into normal life and makes you eat better but without you feeling as though you are missing out on the nice things in life.

With SW I found that you although there are lots of free foods. you do eat alot of diary products i.e. lots of yogurts are syn free and I dont think you really think about how much you are eating - in your head your thinking "oh its free food so its ok to eat". I find I now need a bit more control about the portion size of the meal that I am about to eat and do i really need it.

WW have been very clever at the way that they have marketed the ProPoints and with free free joining fee online at the moment I know it was one of the incentives for me to join as I cant get to a class on a regular basis. New magazine is alot better as well, its not like reading a diet magazine its got some interesting articles in it along with the normal good recipes.

What ever it is - its got me in the zone and others and thats a good thing.:flirt2:

:)

Yeah, I think a big swinging point for ww now is the free fruit which they didn't have on Discover. It's now truly evolved into a healthy eating plan. A little bit of freedom, but still the food you love makes it perfect. Dealing with portion control at the beginning is very difficult, and you do have to think about food a lot day to day, but you soon get used to it!

Hi thanks for all great feedback.
So i have decided to give ww ago especially after trying my jeans on today.
I personally just felt like others that the sw diet wasnt helping me with portion control.
As i have got used to eating large portions, and also i dont think some of the free foods on sw i was eating was always healthy ie batcholors pasta in sauce ect.
And i got sick of the sight of muller yogurts.

yeah i tried slimming world after xmas and it was constant bloating..and feeling fat....and putting on weight. partly my own fault cause i thought free food meant eat all you like!!!! i like ww as you count your points, you are allowed a piece of chocolate or a bag of crisps or whatever you fancy if you point it. the 29 points a day are great and the weeklies are a life saver. originally when i did ww...over ten years ago..i was going to bed hungry..saving 4 points a day for a treat at the weekend, i was surviving on 18 points a day and at 14 and half stone that was hard going..!!

i eventually got there though and i am just struggling with this last stone the past year.

Back