syn and healthy extra's advice please

mumof3girlygirls

Hi I would just like some advice please regarding syns and healthy extras. I've been having 1 or 2 a he's a day and 2 b he's-is this right? I find I struggle more with the a he's as I don't like milk and don't always feel like eating cheese! Also how do you work out how many syns to eat a day(I'm 17 st 3 if its weight related). Am i better of using my syns for healthier food or will it still work if I use them for a chocolate bar? I feel a little paranoid about using my syns incase it spoils my weight loss but am also worried that if i hardly use any when I do end up needing them it will cause me to gain weight! I'm following the plan at home and finding the weight loss a little slow, could this be because I'm eating to much free food, should I be eating more of the fruit and veg and less of the pasta, rice , meat etc? I do tend to only have green days, should I be having a few red days aswell? Sorry if these questions seem silly but I have to lose enough weight for my hubby to notice or he wont let me join a slimming world class and I think I need the support of a group to keep me motivated long term (my hubby doesn't believe slimming world works as a diet if you have large ammounts of weight to lose, he thinks it encourages you to eat too much)

sorry but surley all the reviews on this diet show how good it is and not being funny but why is he not letting you join? is it not your choice?
Sorry just thats completely opposite to my hubby2b, he doesnt think i need to loose weight but he will support me no matter what i want to do as long as I am healthy in what i do.

Good luck.
You'll do it. It comes off slower as its healthy!
x

Hi I I have to lose enough weight for my hubby to notice or he wont let me join a slimming world class

omg woman, is he living in the dark ages? :eek:

give him a slap, grab ya coat and pop on down to a SW class tonight (there's loads on thursdays usually) :girlpower:

as for your HE's - you can either have 1 or 2 HEa's, it's your choice. if you're not keen on milk or cheese, why not try incorporating milk into a sauce or something? or have a milky options hot chocolate (for about 2ish syns for the options i think) in the evening before bed? 2 HEb's is right :)

as for the syns, there's a bit of a split camp on this one. camp 1 says you don't need to eat your syns to have good weight losses. camp 2 says to eat your syns (between 5-15 a day) to stop any binges in their tracks, stop feeling deprived, and it helps with weight loss too. SW themselves agree with camp 2. So do i ;)

If you're a bit worried about your weight loss using syns, then why not put yourself on a limit of 7 or 8 on a regular day, then after weigh-in, allow yourself 15-20?

Hope that's helped! :) Any syn questions, feel free to ask - there's a sticky at the top of the page where you'll be able to post syns enquiries - it's a great thread full of brill info :) xxxx

Just to add it doesn't matter if you do more green than red days, I am a vegi and only do green and it's working.

Also...what do you call 'slow' weight loss?
Don't forget, a healthy 1-2 lbs per week is what is recommended, anything more probably won't be a weekly occurance and anything less is perfectly acceptable, remember all those half pounds add up.
Even a maintain is great!

Syns are there to be used on anything you want. They are all worked out by the nutritional value of foods so whether you want to use them on healthy foods or chocolate, its up to you.

Sam
xxx

Oh, i also do mainly green - only 2 days red in almost 4 weeks - and have lost just fine each week :) I also plan a choc bar into my syns every other day or so ;)

Hey

You can have up to 2 each HE A & HE B each day. I struggl;e to have 2 HE A as I don't like milk much either. I usually only have 1 HE A but always manage my 2 HE B. This won't affect your loss. It always used to be only 1 HE A but increased to 2 in the past few years. Obviously helps with calcium intake.

You can do use red days or just green days or a mixture of the two. i only do green days as I am veggie. Been doing SW for years on and off and only ever done green - I lose.

Free food is free - so you can eat as much as you want. But personally I think it helps to be sensible and control your portion sizes. Others will say eat until the cows come home!! Obviously fruit and veg are a good choice as they are good for anyone - dieting or not. I don't eat much fruit as I am not so keen on it - I try for 2 pieces a day. I do eat a lot of veg. I have free foods like pasta and rice and potatoes each day but I don't stuff myself to excess.

You can use your syns for chocolate and this shouldn't affect you loss - they are there to be eaten and will help you keep on track. A 7 syn 'healthy' choice is still 7 syns as is a 7 syn chocolate bar.

Try not to panic the weight will come off if you follow the plan.

How long have you been doing it for and what are your loses?

Good luck. x

to mum of three

Hi Mum of 3,Beki and the others gave great advice,dont listen to your hubby,mine used to be the same,they are scared,you are losing weight and gaining confidence,he feels threatened.I have been overweight most of my married life he always said he loved me as I was.Till I hit 19st and my health went downhill, verging on diabetic, high colesterol,high b.p.Everytime I lost weight we seemed to fall out.its their insecurities,keep going I dont know how old you are but dont let him stop you being what you really want to be.Think of your kids and show him what for in the bedroom!!!

Hexs

Laughing cow cheese everytime for me!On toast,in spuds,on crispbreads,in sauces,packed lunch,instead of butter on sandwiches,over hot pasta on a green day!drool:D

oh gawd yes - on jacket spuds or in pasta yummmmmmmm :D

can i ask a HEb question here please instead of starting another thread?

could i have say 2 x 85g of ham or 2 lots of chicken or do i have to pick 2 different ones? i do green days.

thanks! xxx

thanks! thats fab news xxx

Your hubby is a bit harsh! Can you not show him the website or even buy an SW magazine and show him the success stories? He might be suprised!

Hi I would just like some advice please regarding syns and healthy extras. I've been having 1 or 2 a he's a day and 2 b he's-is this right? I find I struggle more with the a he's as I don't like milk and don't always feel like eating cheese! Also how do you work out how many syns to eat a day(I'm 17 st 3 if its weight related). Am i better of using my syns for healthier food or will it still work if I use them for a chocolate bar? I feel a little paranoid about using my syns incase it spoils my weight loss but am also worried that if i hardly use any when I do end up needing them it will cause me to gain weight! I'm following the plan at home and finding the weight loss a little slow, could this be because I'm eating to much free food, should I be eating more of the fruit and veg and less of the pasta, rice , meat etc? I do tend to only have green days, should I be having a few red days aswell? Sorry if these questions seem silly but I have to lose enough weight for my hubby to notice or he wont let me join a slimming world class and I think I need the support of a group to keep me motivated long term (my hubby doesn't believe slimming world works as a diet if you have large ammounts of weight to lose, he thinks it encourages you to eat too much)
hello..you can tell your husband sw does work ive been on the plan since 1998 and have been in target since 2003 i dont mean to boast but it really does work!!!ive met men and women who have needed to lose a lot of weight and theyve done it..so sod the money and just join!!!:mad:x

Back