Syn free Cough Syrup!!

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Hey folks,

Lloyds pharmacy are doing a sugar free cough syrup for diabetics so im assuming this must be syn free.

Can anyone confirm because i have a tickly throat at the moment and dont want to use syn's up on cough syrup!!

Do you have to syn in medicine that seems harsh! Your ill if you need it use it. (feel better)

Thank you for the info, I hope you feel better soon, Do we count syns in cough mixture? I don't know the answer to that either.

My consultant said that you should count syns in medicine due to the sugar content. Anything we put in our mouths has to be accounted for! A while back there was a section in the SW website for group members about what to do when you are suffering from coughs, colds and flu. I'll check and see what it says and get back to you here. I too am ill so I want to know.

I'm nnot sure about cough syrups but with regards to cough and cold sweets this is what I found in my syns book:

Fisherman's Friend
All varieties 2 lozenges 0.5
Sugar Free, All Varieties 4 lozenges 0.5

Halls
Mentho-Lyptus, sugar free all varieties 32g pack; 4.0
original mentho-lyptus, extra strong, 33.5g pack; 6.5
soothers all varieties, 2 lozenges; 1.5 45g tube 7.5

Lockets
All verieties, 43tube; 8.0

Strepsils
Original/Menthol&Eucalyptus 1 sweet; 0.5
Sugar Free, 2 sweets; 0.5

Hope this helps a bit.

I can't remember the name of the substance they replace sugar with in diabetic sweets etc, but I have an awful feeling it has as many calories as sugar.

BUMPING THIS.......... Does anyone know if Childrens Benylin is free ? Its sugar free.

Thanks so much x

shame i have been on beechams flu syrup for 2 weeks!!!

I wonder how many pharmacists have been asked how many Syns are in their products! I did find myself thinking how many Syns in Lemsip before having one! X

How awful that they syn something you can't really not have :/ well i'll have a gain this week then, can't help having a chest infection and most certainly not paying £7.40 for some tablets!

Hope you're feeling better soon Tigger, dont worry about the gain like you say you need the medicines and at least you'll know where its come from :)

Back