Syn Free Goodies :)

Frazzle

Hi All :)

I am very new both to this forum and slimming world, so am over the moon that I have found you :) had a quick look down the list and saw that there are lots of you doing really well which is so encouraging :)

I wondered if any of you experts know of any syn free or very low syn puddings/deserts that can satisfy my sweet tooth? I looked at the apple betty and will give that a try but have already consumed 6 eggs in two days and dont want to over do it! I am being very naughty and saving my syns for a bottle of wine at the weekend. I only joined s/w yesterday and already craving goodies, how rubbish am i :)

Any help advice really appreciated and I hope to become a valued member of your forum :)

Thanks
Frazzle xxx

Hi and welcome to minimins :)What I find usually helps is mixing an options hot chocolate sachet which is 2 syns into either fat free natural yogurt or quark (very low fat soft cheese- vile on its own but ok with another flavour!) and use this as a choc flavoured dip for fruit.
There was also a post recently for a low syn choc pudding which is a beaten egg, bit of sweetener and an options sachet beaten together and microwaved for 1 min. I found it a bit weird eating it alone as its basically chocolate scrambled egg but with natural yogurt I thought it was nice! If you have a look through the recipe and syn forums there are loads of ideas in there if you do a search. Good luck x

If you have time to make something (rather than the "I need something NOW" feeling) I really like britmum's syn free pancakes with bananas, blueberries and maple syrup. Not free at 2 syns for maple syrup but you could always use some yoghurt on top instead to make it free. However they have 2 egg whites and a yolk in them so doesn't really get round the egg issue. You could also put a muller light in the freezer for a couple of hours till its nearly frozen and it's like syn free ice cream. Or make ice lollies from sugar free squash. Packets of sugar free jelly are 1/2 syn per pack and you can have them with chopped fruit through them or served beside with the frozen muller. They are all things you need to prepare but if you know you get the munches at a certain time good to have them in. A good old options with HexA milk is my quickie stand by in the evenings.

A bottle of wine is only 30 syns. Given that you are allowed 10 syns a day you should be still having 5 syns a day up til that day, rather than not having any at all. The whole point of daily syns is to prevent that feeling of deprivation. If you're feeling like this after 2 days, then maybe you should actually just try & stick to 10 syns a day for the 1st few weeks or so untiln you get used to it all.

Whilst you can save syns on SW, you really shouldn't if you're going to fel deprived for the rest of the time.

kingleds said:
A bottle of wine is only 30 syns. Given that you are allowed 10 syns a day you should be still having 5 syns a day up til that day, rather than not having any at all. The whole point of daily syns is to prevent that feeling of deprivation. If you're feeling like this after 2 days, then maybe you should actually just try & stick to 10 syns a day for the 1st few weeks or so untiln you get used to it all.

Whilst you can save syns on SW, you really shouldn't if you're going to fel deprived for the rest of the time.

U r allowed 15 syns a day xx

Chocolate and orange alpen bars or harvest morning bars from aldi are sweet and can be used as hexb (2) so I always have a stack of them! Sponge fingers are 1 syn each and a good sugar fix. Have a look at the weight watchers puddings, there's loads of them (sticky toffee, chocolate, brownies etc). 1 syn is 20 calories, a lot of the puds are 80-100 calories so not too bad at 4-5 syns, worth it! The vanilla muller lights with chocolate sprinkles are also free and the toffee ones, very yummy!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

emma_partington27 said:
U r allowed 15 syns a day xx

Sorry. Should have made myself clearer :). You can have up to 15 a day, but most consultants recommend you stick to 10 a day as an average.

Even so, all the more reason for the OP to eat some sodding syns :) x

safc said:
I eat my 15 syns most days. My consultant has never said to lower them. Oh and yes i am loosing. I suppose it a personal thing. X

Absolutely! If you're losing, then don't change anything!

Thank you so much for all your help, it is appreciated more than you know :) The alpen light bars have been a life saver I also discovered that go ahead yogurt breaks are only 4 sins per pack :) I am planning on making some goodies today from your ideas and I can't wait :) I would love the recipe for the pancakes if you have it, they sound yummy :) I have just made some fererro rocher from ryvitas and nutella and cant wait to try one :) I still have a way to go but am feeling much more confident about this diet than i was when I was going through chocolate/cake/sweets and crisp withdrawal last week and it really helps to know you guys are here :) xxx

Thank you so much for all your help, it is appreciated more than you know :) The alpen light bars have been a life saver I also discovered that go ahead yogurt breaks are only 4 sins per pack :) I am planning on making some goodies today from your ideas and I can't wait :) I would love the recipe for the pancakes if you have it, they sound yummy :) I have just made some fererro rocher from ryvitas and nutella and cant wait to try one :) I still have a way to go but am feeling much more confident about this diet than i was when I was going through chocolate/cake/sweets and crisp withdrawal last week and it really helps to know you guys are here :) xxx

Do you have the recipe for the ferrero rochers with ryvita? I think they sound like they might be nicer than with scan bran! (I know some people love scan bran, but I haven't quite got to grips with it!)

Sure :) I used 6 dark rye ryvita and 3 tbsp nutella next time i am going to try it with crackerbread. Not tried scan bran yet, hearing mixed results so not sure! Good luck with the rocher :)

Back