Syn Free Jelly sweets

sunnyrae

Silver Member
Has anyone tried these already?

I am going to give them ago later on, a sachet of sugar free jelly and a sachet of gelatine meant to make some nice jelly sweets gonna cut them into worm shapes.

I reckon would be really low syns. is it 2 SYNS for one sachets of Hartley's sugar free jelly?

Will post pics later

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think its only 1.5 syns :)

So here they r and they r nice they arent chewy wish they was!! Think im gonna use some fruit cordial in as well next time to make the flavour even stronger. But u get loads from one sachet and they r nice to munch on!!

Attachments

• image-325264329.jpg
    image-325264329.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 967
Ooh, do you think you could do 'cola bottles' ? I love a bit of pepsi max - one question though, how exactly to do you make it? I have never used gelatine for anything before.

Ta x

I used a sachet if sugar free jelly and a sachet of gelatine hot water mixed as instructions on jelly packet and put into molds to set easy peasy!!!

Charleybarley said:
Ooh, do you think you could do 'cola bottles' ? I love a bit of pepsi max - one question though, how exactly to do you make it? I have never used gelatine for anything before.

Ta x

You can buy food grade citric acid on amazon too lol. Dust your sweets in them to get that sour sweets tang!!

Tried these but had a few problems.
I used one sachet of sugar free jelly and one sachet of gelatine, mixed with half pint hot water.
I dont have sweet moulds so tried them in an ice cube tray
Trouble was, they didnt come out very easily - i tried hot water but still left some in the tray
Any hints on how to get them out, or anything else to use to make the shapes ??

Apart from that they were nice, not chewy so might need to use less water or more gelatine next time

thanks for the idea ! xx

thanks alot - maybe I need to tweak the recipe a bit to suit my fridge & moulds

I'm sure I can cope with making some more :)

lizalexander said:
Tried these but had a few problems.
I used one sachet of sugar free jelly and one sachet of gelatine, mixed with half pint hot water.
I dont have sweet moulds so tried them in an ice cube tray
Trouble was, they didnt come out very easily - i tried hot water but still left some in the tray
Any hints on how to get them out, or anything else to use to make the shapes ??

Apart from that they were nice, not chewy so might need to use less water or more gelatine next time

thanks for the idea ! xx

Could you frylight the mould and spread it around before pouring the mixture in so they come out easier. Should still set I think but need to make sure you get it into corners. Or use a silicon type mould that you can invert?

Worth a try i reckon :) fanks!

Back