Syn free / Low syn vege suitable snacks

Blondie89

Hi there,

Joined SW last night and getting my head round a few things!

I noticed that Muiller light yoghurt is free on the EE plan, but I cannot have this as it's not suitable for vegetarians. Wondered if any of you had ideas for snacks that are suitable for vege's other than the obvious fruit and veg. Food such as yoghurts / jelly pots etc that are either syn free or low in syns, and can be picked up on my lunch breaks.

I work right next to a Tesco and didn't prepare enough with me today from home!

Activia 0% fat free yoghurts are all Veggie except for the strawberry and they are all free except for the peach

Shape delight 0% yoghurt all free again strawberry not Veggie

Quorn chicken slices free

I need to check on other Quorn stuff as a lot is syns

Hope this helps

Thanks for your help, will be strange eating quorn slices without the bread between it!

Also discovered food such as the low-fat supernoodles which are free - so will be stocking up on those too :)

No problems forgot to say I am pesce ie I eat a bit of fish but no shellfish and no gelatin so only eat Veggie yoghurts - well vegan ones now but they are syns so if I can help just ask.

Do you eat egg? If so, what about making a Slimming World Quiche to keep in the fridge / take to work when hunger strikes.

I slices loads of peppers, mushrooms, red onions and halve cherry tomatoes. Add them to a quiche dish along with some frozen Quorn pieces and 3 beaten eggs (can add salt, pepper and any other seasonings you like). Then just bake in the oven until cooked and golden. If you like, you can also add cheese from your daily allowance.

My consultant told me on Tuesday she thought the peach had syns but I must admit I didn't check as I can only eat soya yoghurt now due to my Crohns disease

The new Danio yogurts are veggie :) The passionfruit and cherry ones are 1.5 syns and I think the other flavours are 3. They're so worth it tho!

Quite a lot of Quorn is free and there's a fair bit on offer in Asda at the moment :) The sandwich meat is free, except the pepperoni, Steaks/grills are free, sizzling burgers are either 0.5 or 1 syn each, Quorn pieces, mince, steak strips, lamb strips are all free. Oh and the Quorn family roasts are free. They're gorgeous :)

The Weight Watchers jelly sachets are veggie (the only jelly I think is!) and are 2 syns for the pack. I get 2 or 3 little tubs out of them.

Shape Delight 0% are synned I think. Only 0.5 each, but do have a syn value.

Activia fat free are all free. Except a couple of the snack pot size ones.

I snack a lot on cereal (porridge, Weetabix, and All Bran chocolate) or cereal bars too. 2 Alpen lights are 1 HexB. And Weetabix Oaty Bars and Special K Chewy Delight are a HexB for 1 :)

Hope this helps.xx

The 0% shape delights are all free I have just checked.
The yoghurt in the 4 pack ie strawberry raspberry peach passion fruit etc

It is the 0% delight crumble ones which are 0.5 syns each the apple and rhubarb

The 0% shape delights are all free I have just checked.
The yoghurt in the 4 pack ie strawberry raspberry peach passion fruit etc

It is the 0% delight crumble ones which are 0.5 syns each the apple and rhubarb

Oh that's fantastic news!! These are on offer more often than Activia, so that's really good to know. Thank you for checking :) I do like the crumble ones tho ;)

Do you eat egg? If so, what about making a Slimming World Quiche to keep in the fridge / take to work when hunger strikes.

I slices loads of peppers, mushrooms, red onions and halve cherry tomatoes. Add them to a quiche dish along with some frozen Quorn pieces and 3 beaten eggs (can add salt, pepper and any other seasonings you like). Then just bake in the oven until cooked and golden. If you like, you can also add cheese from your daily allowance.

That actually sounds really good, will have to give it a go.

I was craving something sweet last night and started looking up to see whether jelly was synned or not! In the end couldn't be bothered to go to the shop late at night so settled for a pint of squash ha.

Will have to give the Quorn roast a try, as I had an Aunt Bessie's vege toad in the hole which I thought was only 8 syns and was actually 12!

I have also been on the Alpen's and cereal bars - they're great for a chocolate fix.

Thanks for your help, will be picking up some yoghurts and jelly today, and let you know how I get on with the quiche :)

I'm a veggie too :) I find frozen fruit is a good choice to nibble on.
If I've got time, I make veggie sushi the night before, use peppers, cucumber, quorn etc...

Back