syn free or low syn ready meals???

hiya, just wondering if anyone knows how many syns in an M&S spicy paneer curry from the eat well range

300g pot - 330 cals, 11.4g sugar, 12g fat, 3.5 sat fat and 1.35 salt

i used to be slimming world member and would use the sight but totally skint and just cant afford it - was going to see how much it is to join online incase its cheaper but its £60 for three months!! i can hardly afford the food never mind pay that on top of it! Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or access to a syns calucator id be most grateful :) xx

Anyone know what the Tesco Light Choices Steam Meal Tandoori Chicken with Bombay Potatoes is by any chance? Am hoping quite low as am addicted to it! Can't find it in my book.

Per box -
Energy - 330 kcal
Protein - 28.0g
Carbs - 38.6g
of which sugars - 8.5g
Fat - 6.7g
of which saturates - 3.1g
Fibre - 10.8g

Thank you in advance everyone - pretty please let me know as just fancy one for my dinner tonight with a pile of steamed veg...

need to know the pack size to work out syn value.

cathie x

hiya, just wondering if anyone knows how many syns in an M&S spicy paneer curry from the eat well range

300g pot - 330 cals, 11.4g sugar, 12g fat, 3.5 sat fat and 1.35 salt

i used to be slimming world member and would use the sight but totally skint and just cant afford it - was going to see how much it is to join online incase its cheaper but its £60 for three months!! i can hardly afford the food never mind pay that on top of it! Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or access to a syns calucator id be most grateful :) xx

need to know the protein value to wrk this one out

cathie xx

Morrisons ready meals ?

I am totally new to this site and it is really helpful .... thanks for this great thread as well.

Just wondered can anyone recommend any low syn ready meals from morrisons ?

I've tried lots of the Quorn ready meals. I'm not a vegetarian, but quorn meals are typically low in SYNS as quorn mince and chicken are SYN FREE.
The chicken tikka masala is 3 SYNS :) It's very tasty.

need help calculating syns

Hi Just wondering if anyone can help me out syning this, its from Aldi, satay flavour noodles, many thanks

Can anyone confirm the following?

Just been told that asda canned vegetable chilli and riso gallo risotto pronto cardboard box packets (all flavours EXCLUDING quattro fromagi) are all free on extra easy and green?

many thanks

Yep - its true! just checked online - all free on green and EE, the four cheese risotto is only 1/2 syn/100g dry weight too.

Samus xx

Samus,

Thank you for confirming, so as pack dry weight is 175g for quattro fromagi, am guessing counting whole thing as 1 sin would be conservative? wow! it tastes amazing even when cooked with just water and not adding the butter, oil or parmesan,

Info did come from a good source but wanted to double check as ruining my efforts when they've only just began wouldn't be great!!

What a fabulous idea - I'll try that!

hi everyone, hope someone can help me :) i know the 98% fat free super noodles are free on green but i dont like them what ive always done is buy the cheapy supermarket value noodles and instead of using the sachet of powder that comes with it i spice it up myself with chilli and curry powder does anyone know if i would have to syn this? i thught noodles were free and so is the curry powder? or am i wrong lol x

i used to make a huge fritata with loads of free veggies and a bit of cheese from sysns or health extras - and then warm it up as i got hungry - it really does fill you up and you can put almost anything in it so it never gets borning !! Good luck !!

uglyducklin85 said:
hi everyone, hope someone can help me :) i know the 98% fat free super noodles are free on green but i dont like them what ive always done is buy the cheapy supermarket value noodles and instead of using the sachet of powder that comes with it i spice it up myself with chilli and curry powder does anyone know if i would have to syn this? i thught noodles were free and so is the curry powder? or am i wrong lol x

I think you should be ok with doing that. Should be free Xx

I've a copy of new 2012 free branded foods book and no value range instant noodles are listed for any of the big supermarkets? personally i would sin just incase it is the noodles that are why they are not in book and not flavour sachet!? they may have added oil to noodles before drying for example?!
you said you've done this a while though so how is your weight loss going, if happy with rate then this is obviously not causing a problem even if not free?!
Sharwoods dried egg noodles either fine or medium are free on G and EE and their dried rice and thai noodles too! and also blue dragon dried egg noodle nests on G and EE. these obviously more expensive but as they in the book they must be free on plan!

thankyou thats very helpful, i have only just re started sw again after doing ww for a while so i will give it a try for a week or 2 and see what i lose :) thanks again x

Not sure if it has been mentioned somewhere before but the Weight Watchers Spicy meatball and pasta pots are 4 syns each. Looks really small but I chucked a load of veg in with it and I'm stuffed! Will definitely stock up for work if I have no time to prepare something else.

As far as I know the Heinz Veggie Pasta Shells mini meals tins are also free... Quite small but surprisingly filling :)

Back