syn free or low syn ready meals???

Last night I had a WW Salmon Risotto (only 4 syns on Red). I thought it would be a nice, quick, easy tea for when the boys were having pasty and chips - it was NASTY! :yuk:

toliveordiet? said:
Last night I had a WW Salmon Risotto (only 4 syns on Red). I thought it would be a nice, quick, easy tea for when the boys were having pasty and chips - it was NASTY! :yuk:

Try Tesco light choices mushroom risotto (frozen) 1.5 syns and yummy!

I wish I could. We live in Spain and don't have access to all the delicious ready meals from Tesco, Asda or Morrisons :cry: The only English products we can get are from Iceland and they don't have a full selection

Doing an asda shop in the morning. Any tins I can buy that are syn free? Already got chickpea Dahl and veggie chilli on my list. Any other recommendations?

Loving this thread! Could anyone give a big list of some ready meals from tescos or just a few frozen bits?
Im off there in an hour or so ! :)

The birds eye bake to perfection chicken or fish fillets with sauce are mostly low syn. Salmon with lemon and herb sauce is free. They are frozen and you bake them in the oven in the bag.

brilliant Thread i wld be interested in the syn value of tesco frozen light choice range if anyone cld help x

Free Canned or ready meals and "Junk"

Hello,

I am on week 4 of slimming world and have been doing ok, 9 pounds lost in 3 weeks. I am now however starting to struggle with the constant cooking as a man I used to eat loads of take always and convinence is king. I know I can prepare more and freeze when I cook and I do but what I am looking for is a list of suggestions of canned / frozen ready meals that are free or close to free and also frozen items like burgers sausages chicken breasts in sauce etc. Anyone got any suggestions?

When I did SW years ago i lived of corned beef, canned meatballs and tinned burgers. Superb. I lost lots too. I know those days are gone but any help?

Shop and price is irrelevant - I'll spend and travel.

TY.

chickpea dhal from morrisons or asda is free from a tin

morrisons meatfree burgers are 1/2 syn each (frozen) and tesco meatfree chicken style burgers are free! ive never tried them though as can never find them!

iceland chicken quartre pounders are 1/2 syn never trued them myself either.

the morrisons meatfree burgers are very nice though

Morrisons do Lamb shanks that come in gravy pouches that you can microwave or cook in the oven, very tasty and only 1.5 syns each
they have one in minted gravy and one in rosemary and red wine gravy

Also tesco do a lamb shank in minted gravy which is free :) 'Tesco Simply Cook Lamb Shank in Mint Gravy'

101_5052320379101_IDShot_225x225.jpgThis is the tesco one, cant find a pic of the morrisons ones online but i can take a pic when i get home :)

Last edited:
No, some of them have a syn value, what is free is the mince, chicken style pieces and i think there are some other bits but the things that are syned are usually very low x

so the mince is free on ee days too? i might get some in as not always easy to get extra lean mince near me! is there any posts on this website with all meat free prducts syn values as im doing slimming world from home x

ive just seen a list of ready meals from asda that somebody posted on here with syn values from 2010, i was just wondering whether they are the same syn value or will they have changed and if so would it be a big change in value? :) thanks in advance x

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but i always buy a Tesco Prawn Curry for a Saturday night :D 4 syns! I always fry some diced onion, pepper and mushrooms to bulk it up. Tastes nice for a ready meal!

Newbie got some great ideas already.... think this is so far my favorite thread. Cheers everyone :)

hi could anyone help me im really stuck for what to buy when i go shopping. im on a green day and would love to just get a tin out of cuboard n warm it up n not have to keep cooking anyone any ideas thnk u

kcooper1234 said:
hi could anyone help me im really stuck for what to buy when i go shopping. im on a green day and would love to just get a tin out of cuboard n warm it up n not have to keep cooking anyone any ideas thnk u

This is probably going to sound disgusting but I love tinned spaghetti with either Smash mash or SW chips!

Back