Syn free pancakes

haileyhaiz

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't see it.

My SW consultant told us this recipe Monday and they are really nice -

35g oats (HeB) soaked in a muller light overnight in the fridge (any flavour), beat a couple of eggs, mix with the oaty mixture and some sweetner.
There best smaller apparently as they don't flip too well if there too big, but a nice change for brekkie!!

Enjoy :-D xx

Ahh, magic pancakes! Think there's a thread on here somewhere, probably in the recipes subforum.

I did try them once, but unfortunately they didn't turn out. They just stuck to the pan and tuned into mush lol! Must try them again though as I keep seeing yummy pictures!

lol Magic Pancakes!

I'm going to try them at the weekend! Along with 0.5 syn Fruit Roulade! Need to go to a bigger supermarket to find Quark and remember oats lol!!

Wonder if there's a tip to them not turning to mush? Might text my SW leader!!

lol Magic Pancakes!

I'm going to try them at the weekend! Along with 0.5 syn Fruit Roulade! Need to go to a bigger supermarket to find Quark and remember oats lol!!

Wonder if there's a tip to them not turning to mush? Might text my SW leader!!

They're called magic pancakes because the basic recipe (oats soaked in a muller light) is known as magic porridge. It's gorgeous! And then I guess someone came up with the idea of adding eggs to it and frying it to turn it into pancakes.

I think the reason mine didn't turn out is because I added two eggs - most people I have spoken to since say they use three.

Lovely Thanks!! I'll get plenty off eggs too then and soak 2 lots of oats and test them out! I'll give hubby the ones which don't turn out as good haha :p

I made mine with 2 eggs & it was fine, I also used a flavoured yogurt instead of a plain one, and I've tried them were didn't soak them overnight, I read somewhere you don't need to, that worked fine;)

My consultant has done them where she's not left them overnight too, just in the fridge for an hour or so. But she said there wasn't as much mixture. Don't know how that works, maybe the oats don't break down as much? Anyhoo these are definitely back on my list to try again. Can't think what else could have gone wrong, maybe I had the heat too high? Who knows :rolleyes:

Bought some oats last night, really looking forward to trying these in the morning :) might try 2 eggs tomorrow and 3 sunday and see what I find easier/nicer :p xx

I tried these and found they burned really easily! :( They were mush too with the odd crispy bit! Will have to give them another go soon as I bought porridge oats especially for it and I hate porridge! :\

I've made these for breakfast & just realised as I was doing it I only used 1 egg;) & I put just 1 tablespoon of mixture in the pan at a time, its a long process so I keep them warm in the oven!!!!

Fab tip, thanks Michelle!! Will definitely give them another go, possibly this week actually! :)

Can I just ask a daft question, how hot do you get your pan? Not sure what type of oven ours is (I know how to work it, but nothing technical lol) and our hob goes from 1-6, with 6 being the hottest. Just wondering what I should be cooking them on? I was thinking somewhere in the middle, maybe about 3?

I think I might try and make them one night, and heat them up the next morning at work for breakfast. Do you think that would work?

Yep I'd say about temp 2-3, I'm not too sure if heating them the next day would work, there's no harm in trying though, let me know how you get on x

Well I made them tonight but I baked them in the oven instead of frying them in a pan! I did 35g porridge oats, a toffee muller light, a little sweetener and one egg. Then I put the mixture into 6 little silicone moulds (heart shaped lol) and baked in the oven for about 30 mins. Going to take them to work tomorrow in a little bait box and warm them up a bit on the microwave. Think I will top with a sliced banana and maybe another toffee muller. This is what they looked like fresh out of the oven, will post another pic tomorrow with my toppings and let you know how they are :)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1392677090.049011.jpg

Last edited:
Well I made them tonight but I baked them in the oven instead of frying them in a pan! I did 35g porridge oats, a toffee muller light, a little sweetener and one egg. Then I put the mixture into 6 little silicone moulds (heart shaped lol) and baked in the oven for about 30 mins. Going to take them to work tomorrow in a little bait box and warm them up a bit on the microwave. Think I will too with a slices banana and maybe another toffee muller. This is what they looked like fresh out of the oven, will post another pic tomorrow with my toppings and let you know how they are :)
View attachment 125397

They look really nice, I'd never have thought of baking them, x

Just had my pancakes for breakfast and wow, they are so filling!! I feel like I can't move now, I'm stuffed.

I just warmed them up in the microwave for about a minute. I didn't want them piping hot, just warm. Then topped with a sliced banana and half of a toffee muller light yogurt.

They were lovely. Maybe a little thick though - I think next time I'll make them into 12 pancakes, rather than 6, so that they turn out a bit thinner. But other than that, all good!

Will try and attach a piccie from my phone in a sec x

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1392716110.974627.jpg

Yum!!

On my way to work this morning I was wondering if they would be nice warmed up the next day?

I made them Saturday and Sunday morning and was so stuffed I only had a small snack mid afternoon as was still too full for dinner!!

I'm going to make them tonight and take them to work tomorrow :D

Back