Syn free Quiche!

It was Fab, and the quark really worked well, only problem was my husband ate the other half I was going to have tomorrow, which he said was delious, oh well just have to make another one! :8855:

Lol, that's exactly what happened with mine! I'm making another one tonight. It was really yummy! :p

Made another quiche today and used cooked quorn sausages and it was lovely, also using quorn it can be eaten on Red or Green

I'm making one right now for tomorrow - I used 1 tub Quark, 3 eggs, 42g Low fat cheese (hexa - put half in the mix and half on top), spring onions, chives and an orange pepper seasoned with salt, black pepper and mixed herbs. I've just checked on it and it's risen beautifully, looks gorgeous and smells it as well! I'm so proud of myself cos I'm not a great cook at the best of times :D

ETA: Just taken it out of the oven, it looks and smells like quiche - perfect! Only thing is, it had risen loads in the oven and when I took it out it all collapsed! Is this right? Can't wait for dinner time tomorrow :)

Last edited:
I'm making one right now for tomorrow - I used 1 tub Quark, 3 eggs, 42g Low fat cheese (hexa - put half in the mix and half on top), spring onions, chives and an orange pepper seasoned with salt, black pepper and mixed herbs. I've just checked on it and it's risen beautifully, looks gorgeous and smells it as well! I'm so proud of myself cos I'm not a great cook at the best of times :D

ETA: Just taken it out of the oven, it looks and smells like quiche - perfect! Only thing is, it had risen loads in the oven and when I took it out it all collapsed! Is this right? Can't wait for dinner time tomorrow :)

Yes it does collapse, mine did, which is ashame because it looks brill when risen, but it still tastes great, hope yours was fab!

Yes it does collapse, mine did, which is ashame because it looks brill when risen, but it still tastes great, hope yours was fab!

It was, I took some to work to have with a salad and just had some now with new potato's and sweetcorn. I will definitely be making this again :D

I made this today and added some 28g low fat cheddar and it was fab - although I should imagine it will be nice without the added cheese too. I will definitely be making it again very soon. In fact still have half left for tomorrow :)

I have just made and put this in the oven for lunch, mde it with somked bacon, musrooms, spring onions and seasoned with salt, black pepper and a touch of garlic, looks minging cos of the cottage cheese but smells yummers!

I've been making this quiche for a while but I split the mixture (300g chive & onion cottage cheese with quorn sausage & bacon) into 12 individual silicon muffin cases - enough for a couple of days' packed lunches (with a snack pot of baked beans) and still have some left over for snacks. :)

We had SW quiche and SW chips for tea tonight and it was divine! When i made my chips i sprinkled mixed herbs and garlic over them and they were gorgeous.

Does anyone know if the garlic will have any syn value?

I took a photo of them both, the quiche was perrers mushroon onion and cheese.

Attachments

• quiche.jpg
    quiche.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 386
  • GetAttachment[2].jpg
    GetAttachment[2].jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 216
fancy making this but can't stomach cottage cheese if i use milk and real cheese how much should i use don't mind using my syns and healthy extras but only got one of each i'm doing EE.

does it need a base or is it fine without one.

I remember this from doing SW years ago, we used to use corned beef as the base, with whatever veg we wanted, and then the cheese and egg mixture on top. It was delish, and I'm glad to be reminded of it, will get some cottage cheese tomorrow to make.

mmmm corned beef.... Ive heard rumours that it used to be free on red! Theres so much you can do with it....

fancy making this but can't stomach cottage cheese if i use milk and real cheese how much should i use don't mind using my syns and healthy extras but only got one of each i'm doing EE.

does it need a base or is it fine without one.

I use quark to make mine - still syn and hex free then x

Corned beef used to be free yeh... I do one of those batchlors pasta and sauce made up with water.. put it in the both and then put the cottage cheese and egg mixture on the top. I put bacon, onion and sweetcorn in it.. then serve with tomatoes and mushy peas.. getting superfree and speed foods in there. Yummy!! :-D

I just made one today :)

Tub of FF Cottage Cheese, 3 eggs, red onions, sliced mushrooms, broccoli & 4 laughing cow lights - it was delish!!

Slimming World Quiche.... Bacon, ham & mushroom flavour!
Recipe:
Fry light, 4 slices of bacon, chopped, 4 slices of lean ham, chopped, mushrooms, chopped, 4 eggs, 500g very low fat cottage cheese, salt & pepper, 1 tomato sliced.

Preheat oven to 200c/gas mark 6. Spray a large pan with fry light and cook bacon and mushrooms for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chopped ham.

In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and add cottage cheese mix together well and then add the bacon, ham and mushrooms. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour into an ovenproof dish and bake for approx 30 mins until golden brown;. Leave to cool for 2 hours.
Garnish with sliced tomato.

This is free on original and extra easy.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2605616&l=ab9e673f07&id=749772576

I have just had a look at all of your meal photos on facebook, they look absoloutley gorgeous and im going to have to make a lot of what you have.

Who would think all of this is diet food?!

Salmon Quiche

Just made a salmon Quiche, it looks fab, can't wait to taste it.

Attachments

• Nicola's 0109.jpg
    Nicola's 0109.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 246
Back