Syn free snacks

Lemmers83

Hi all! Just started SW today, but I'm finding myself hungry. Usually, I would fill myself with bread or biscuits, but I clearly need alternatives!

What are your "always on hand" go to snacks, please? I'm not finding that fruit staves off the rumbles for long!

Tia xx

Hi, welcome to SW! You shouldnt feel hungry but i did find my first few days i was miserable due to sugar withdrawal and missing white bread. After day 2 body had adjusted and now I prefer sweetner. Much sweeter. I tend to nibble on cold meat (sliced ham/chicken) or cooked chicken. Yoghurt, Allen light bars if I haven't used heb. Sometimes if really peckish and next main meal is a while away I'd have a mugshot. Or fruit as you mentioned. Normally I drink a glass of water first to see if I am hungry or actually just thirsty / bored. I've heard a lot of people keep cooked eggs in fridge as a go to snack too but I prefer mine hot! Can also use heb to make oat biscuits or muffins if you do like a wee biscuit. Or make SW quiche or curry loaf to snack on. Good luck, Natalie x

Loads of good ideas mentioned -- to boost weight loss your go to food would ideally be speed vegetables and fruit before free food - so veg crudités with homemade dips, fruit kebabs etc. I would make sure every time you feel hungry to drink a big glass of water because sometimes it can be just thirst.

But if after these and the hunger pangs aren't gone, I'd have cooked meats to pick at. Hope it eases off soon - definitely try upping your water intake! X

Thank you- never occurred to me it could be thirst, and I know I don't drink enough water, so I'll try and up my intake! X

Yeah, sometimes your stomach growls when you're thirsty and people confuse it with hunger, but have a glass of water and you might find it stops growling, if not you are actually hungry! Or sometimes it's a sugar withdrawal in the first few weeks like MilliesMummy said. I'm really bad at work but it's boredom eating so you've just got to think am I actually hungry or just bored? I fill my day with fruit, mug shots (noodle varieties) and muller light yoghurts. The large snack a jack rice cakes are quite low in syns and are good for satisfying a sugar craving (the choc chip ones are 3 syns each).

I made pickled eggs yesterday. Yum yum. Very underrated snack.

In fact anything in vinegar. Nom nom

Anyone got any ideas for free/low syn dips?
I've become addicted to low fat cottage cheese with pineapple in - that's 0.5 syn per 100g. I usually hve it with carrot batons.
My other dip that I actually am obssessed with is light philly with sweet chilli sauce mixed in, but then that is my HEA plus 3 syns gone right away.

Chickpea Dahl loaf and green salad. Yummy xx
I make a hummus, tin of chickpeas and add, cumin, salt and pepper, lemon juice and a low fat natural yogurt and water.

I add the ingredients a bit at a time to taste. It's lovely with celery, peppers and carrot.

X

Back