Syn Value for this receipe as its Dairy Free

bevhunter1986

Silver Member
Hey Peeps

If someone could just have a look @ this and give me any syn guidance. I am dairy intollerant so I've gone onto the BBC Good Food website and I'm trying to adapt recipes to make them SW friendly and also dairy free.

Here goes this is for Creamy Tarrogan Chicken Bake.

Serves 4

Ingredients
  1. 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil - I'm thinking fry light :)
  2. 1 tbsp flour
  3. 300ml soya milk
  4. 4 chicken breasts , skin removed
  5. 2 red onions , cut into wedges
  6. 250g punnet cherry tomatoes , halved
  7. 250g asparagus spears , blanched
  8. 1 tsp caster sugar (Would sweetener suffice?)
  9. 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
  10. 150ml vegetable stock
  11. 3 tbsp chopped tarragon
  12. 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
  13. 1 tbsp grated dairy and lactose-free cheese (optional)
My reconing is that it shouldnt be too high really.

Hey Peeps

If someone could just have a look @ this and give me any syn guidance. I am dairy intollerant so I've gone onto the BBC Good Food website and I'm trying to adapt recipes to make them SW friendly and also dairy free.

Here goes this is for Creamy Tarrogan Chicken Bake.

Serves 4

Ingredients
  1. 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil - I'm thinking fry light :)
  2. 1 tbsp flour
  3. 300ml soya milk
  4. 4 chicken breasts , skin removed
  5. 2 red onions , cut into wedges
  6. 250g punnet cherry tomatoes , halved
  7. 250g asparagus spears , blanched
  8. 1 tsp caster sugar (Would sweetener suffice?)
  9. 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
  10. 150ml vegetable stock
  11. 3 tbsp chopped tarragon
  12. 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
  13. 1 tbsp grated dairy and lactose-free cheese (optional)
My reconing is that it shouldnt be too high really.

Is it this recipe: Creamy tarragon chicken bake recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

If so you would still need half of the oil to mix in with the flour for the sauce, although you could still use Fry Light to fry the chicken & onions. So that's 6 syns or 1 HEXB for the oil, plus 3½ syns for the flour.

I dont think you'd get away with sweetener for the sugar because of what it's for - ie you're supposed to caramelise it, but I might be wrong. Personally I'd stick with sugar as it's only a teaspoon (1 syn) and the recipe is between 4 people.

4 syns for the soya milk, or 1 HEXA, although you could find a low fat version.

Chicken breast - free on Red/EE. On Green 113g is a HEXB (one chicken breast is usually quite a bit more than this, mine are usually about 200g so 1 HEXB plus 4.5 syns. (Multiplied by 4 chicken breasts of course)

Breadcrumbs again are syns - 28g is 5 syns. Not sure how much 4 tbsp weighs but Id guess it's not much less than this.

Finally, 1 tbsp grated cheese - probably about 1 syn.

Onions, tomatoes, asparagus, vinegar, stock, tarragon all free.

So adds up to about 20 syns on Red/EE, but some of this you might be able to use as HEXes, depending on plan and portion size, and it is supposed to serve 4.

Not something I'd make myself due to all the milk/cheese/breadcrumbs/flour etc, but it's up to you - only works out at 5 syns each if you serve 4 so not too bad.

Back