Syn Values for Butters, Sauces,dressings and dips Please!

I think any sugar free/no added sugar mint sauces are free

Checked syns online, tescos mint sauce is 0.5 syns per level tablespoon. :)

Colmans fresh garden mint sauce is free, I checked.

Colmans classic mint sauce is 1 syn per level tablespoon.

I checked for ya :)

To be honest the only one I use is asda smart price lol (trying to diet on a budget) I haven't really made a pasta sauce with it but use it a lot in curry, spag Bol or chilli etc. I made a cheesy pasta sauce tonight using laughing cow extra light triangles ( 1 syn each or you can have 6 as a healthy extra A) quark and natural yogurt with a little milk and mustard powder. Was lovely x

I think they are all pretty much the same :) It just depends what you add to it :)

They are all the same, I just buy the cheapest lol

I checked the mint sauces from syn directory on the website :)

For other sauces and dips try salsas - there are loads of recipes on the web. Just make sure all ingredients are syn free! Also mint raita - f/ free f/ frais or yoghurt with some dried mint an paprik - could have cucumber. Homemade chutneys - f/light onion garlic and mango - simmer for ages with balsamic vinegar or cider vinegar and sweetener - adding water if necessary. The mango is cooked so needs to be sinned but unless you eat the whole portion it is likely to be negligible. Can also use apple or orange. Or ifu don't want fruit use something like beet root. There are also recipes out there for syn free tomato sauce like u would have on chips. Have you tried making hummus? Blits garlic, lemon juice and chickpeas then add yoghurt or f/frais until required consistency. And you can add things like roasted pepper, lemon & coriander etc. and you can sub any bean such as butter bean kidney bean etc. my fave salad dressing at the moment is f/frais mixed with jerk seasoning. Hope this helps!

Literally have Nandos sauce on everything! Makes me love salad :p
If low low fat salad cream and reduced sugar/salt ketchup is worth the 1/2syns here and there for me
When I move out I may experiment with some of the syn free ketchup recipes Ive seen, mostly passata, worcestershire sauce and vinegar with salt and sweetener. Oooo soy sauce, balsamic veingar and worcestershire sauce are also free, and Marmite if you like it (blergh) :p

Wow thanks for all the tips everyone!! !Definitely going to give those butter buds a go and theres an asda in town! I will also have to try the home made varieties of sauces so if people have home made recipes to sauces that you havnt added here please feel free to pop them in this thread. I have took alot of your ideas down Ophelia and thanks again for all the advice, its really good to see what people are using and as you say skulldilocks, it can sometimes make salads much easier to eat! lol.. :D

Back