Syn Values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys does anyone know the syn value of a Gu Chocolate and vanilla cheesecake - I know there are 395 kal in them????

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and live in Portugal so can't get to my groups anymore :cry:

Still keen to keep on with the diet, can anyone tell me syn values of veggie grilles and brocolli and cheese grills. The brand I have is dalepak.

Really appreciate it.

Mel

The Quorn cottage pie and scotch sounds great and not to many syns for a green day either, yummy, must try them.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and live in Portugal so can't get to my groups anymore :cry:

Still keen to keep on with the diet, can anyone tell me syn values of veggie grilles and brocolli and cheese grills. The brand I have is dalepak.

Really appreciate it.

Mel

Dalepak Vegetable Grills, Original, 340g pack, frozen 85g each

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
Original 5½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 5½ Syns
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

cant see anything for the broccoli and cheese grills probably higher due to the cheese

Really appreciate it.

Mel

dont have the broccoli and cheese but do have cauliflower and cheese and thats 8 syns on green/red

Hi everyone. I am on CD at the min but am very tempted to start SW as I am missing food like mad and some of the recipes I have seen on here sound really yummy.
Just out of interest does anyone know how many syns in a Birds Eye cod in butter sauce portion.
Thanks

Birds Eye Cod Steaks in Butter Sauce, twin pack, frozen 170g serving[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

red.gif
Original 5 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 9½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
pretty good if you are on the red day.

Hi all...
Just wondering if anybody knows the syn values in redbull, or equivalent energy drink... i know tescos do one called Kick...

i know i really shouldnt drink it its so bad for you but gives me much needed boost sometimes in the mornings!! (i dont drink tea or coffee)

they do sugar free/diet versions though... wonder if they have syn values?
thankyou!!
xx

Hi all...
Just wondering if anybody knows the syn values in redbull, or equivalent energy drink... i know tescos do one called Kick...

i know i really shouldnt drink it its so bad for you but gives me much needed boost sometimes in the mornings!! (i dont drink tea or coffee)

they do sugar free/diet versions though... wonder if they have syn values?
thankyou!!
xx

I should think the kick is the same xx
Red Bull Co Ltd Red Bull Stimulation Drink, Sugar Free 100ml

red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free

If you are having an Extra Easy day, choose the lower Syn value

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Make sure you have the sugar free!! ...........[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Red Bull Co Ltd Red Bull Stimulation Drink 250ml can[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 5½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 5½ Syns
[/FONT]

If you are [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]having an Extra Easy day, choose the lower [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Syn value [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hi there I cant find Vegetable madras, it has beef madras but no vegetable madras, if its a green day can I use the original day syns as it wont have meat but all veg?
Thanks Tess

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I have a few questions so didn't know which thread to post in...sorry!
Firstly, I just wanted to say what a lovely supportive bunch of people you seem. I feel welcome just reading all the posts!!
Okay, so I am starting SW after giving up on WW due to being hungry all the time. I work very long unsocial hours so can't get to a meeting, sadly. However, I have bought all the literature and am waiting for it to arrive. I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of questions of all you pros out there!
1) How many syns are there in Tesco finest beef/chicken stock please? I have been relying on this to add flavour to my dishes and will be stuck if they are high, although I now understand that Oxo cubes are free?!! Yipee!
2) I am not a big meat eater and wondered if being almost exclusively on green days has a detrimental effect on your loss? I'm not intending to eat huge portions of pasta, etc, but neither can I eat a lot of meat so the red days don't seem that appetising at the moment although my OH loves meat and I don't want to be cooking like a cafe...!!!
2) How does the weight maintenance issue work on SW? With WW you reduce your points per day as soon as you drop to the next stone bracket but it doesn't seem that straightforward on SW.
3) I am considering doing the Easy Extra plan to begin with but don't know if weight loss is slower on this than the original plan? I have about two stone to lose by Christmas, or earlier if poss. When do you know when to change to the original plan? Is it a case of seeing when your weight loss starts to plateau?

Sorry for all the questions; hope someone can help or direct me to a more appropriate thread!!
Big hugs to you all,
WW xx

Hi WagonWheel (great name)

First off welcome to SW and MiniMins. We have quite a few people come over from WW and most enjoy it, but find it hard to get the points system out their heads to begin with!

Oki, in answer to your questions;

1. From what the people in the know tell me, all stock cubes and ready made stock is free - hopfully someone with access to the site will help us out with that one!

2. In the 6 years I have been on and off SW I have never done a red day and always have good losses, 23lbs in 6 weeks this time. Everyone's body is different though so you will have to see what suits. Extra Easy might be an option, if you click here, there is an explanation of the plans ;)

3. Once you get to target, it is recommended you increase your Hex's untill you see a consistant maintain, this is because the Hex's contain neutrients that keep us healthy, but too much of them cause weight gain, this is why increasing syns isn't the best idea.

4. Extra Easy is reccommended for newbies, again it's just seeing what suits you, everyone is different - on that note, please start with 15syns and see how your weight loss goes, that way if you start to plateau then you can reduce them.

28g Kellogg’s All-Bran Flakes and 1 Ryvita Dark Rye/Original/Sesame
28g Kellogg’s All-Bran Crunchy Oatbakes
42g Kellogg’s All-Bran Fibre Plus
28g Kellogg’s All-Bran Fibre Plus and 1 Ryvita Multigrain
28g Kellogg’s All-Bran Sultana Bran and 1 Ryvita Multigrain

Anyone of the above is a Hex(b)

Hope that helps, enjoy your SW journey and best of luck!

Natt xxx

Last edited:
Thankyou Natt, what a sweetie you are! As I say, I am awaiting all the books, etc, but have been soaking up all the info on here and on the SW site (the bits that I can access). MM is such a great source of info, although quite hard to navigate and I am a big forum user - haha!
It's good to know that almost exclusively green days works for some people.
Really good info, too, about having the max syns to begin with and then reducing as a kick start device later on if I start to plateau. My instinct was to have as few syns as possible, but I can understand how that can be counterproductive as it would probably force your body into "starvation mode" and your brain into psycho mode - LOL!
I am trying to lose all my post baby weight at the moment...although I am fairly tall it just doesn't feel right to me to be the weight I am at the moment. I am sure everyone knows where I'm coming from...!
Anyway, thanks again, you are a star xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back