Syns and Calories

bambam101

Evening everyone!

Just wondering if anyone knows how much our 15 syns a day adds up to calorie wise? Or how many calories is equal to 1 syn?

I've gone afew points over today so need to know how many extra calories I need to burn off in the gym tomorrow :sigh:

20 cals per syn I believe :D

Don't get too hung up on calories, whilst they're the underlying basis of the diet, you don't have to be bang on all the time with the syns. A couple over on the odd occaision won't affect you losses- so no need to punish yourself in the gyn for the sake of a few syns, just do what you normally do!

20 cals a syn, but as said before don't get obsessed about calorie burning at the gym. Firstly, SW don't let you earn syns with exercise, and secondly, you could just have easily eaten that extra 100 calories by eating free food, and then you wouldn't be worrying about to extra at the gym to compensate. That's why (I think) that SW don't advocate counting calories.

there is an old formula of 20cals=1syn - but it's not a hard and fast rule. I'd only use it if you're really stuck and can't get to lifeline-online to use the syn calculator or syns-online. As i say - it was an old formula, these days a lot more is taken into consideration - including any free food included in the item, and it's overall nutrional information - if you put the nutrional information for muller lights in - you'd be looking at 5syns or so a pot - not free (for most flavours).

Back