Syns daily or weekly

I have done mine weekly for the past few weeksm but have found that I have gone way over on both weeks - I think last week I had blown all my weekly syns by the end of Wednesday - which considering I weigh in on a Tuesday is fairly impresssive i think. This week I'm going back to daily, and will be building them into meals rather than having treats like chocolate

I have done mine weekly for the past few weeksm but have found that I have gone way over on both weeks - I think last week I had blown all my weekly syns by the end of Wednesday - which considering I weigh in on a Tuesday is fairly impresssive i think. This week I'm going back to daily, and will be building them into meals rather than having treats like chocolate

Have you tried counting back the syns, i.e. starting with 105 then deducting the syns used. Apparently psychologically this works better than starting with 0 & adding to it.

I have mine over the course of a week. I would usually have at least five most days as that is the minimum recommended, but sometimes I struggle to think of something to have as I have more than enough to eat with all the Superfree and Free food available.

This works out well for me, because I like to have a drink at the weekends and this way allows me to do that. It helps me to feel satisfied and that I am not missing out on anything.

Have you tried counting back the syns, i.e. starting with 105 then deducting the syns used. Apparently psychologically this works better than starting with 0 & adding to it.

TBH, i just had a mental day and eat whatever was in front of me (halfpounder cheeseburger was the worst bit). When I counted how many syns I had eaten I got to 70 and stopped counting through sheer embarrasment.:mad:

Counting down is definately a good way of doing it I think. I have tried limiting to 5 a day so I can have a a few more at the weekend but again, struggled to stick to the 5 a day, even though when I can have 10 or 15 a day, I will often only have 5 or 6. Basically, tis all in my head :sigh:

auntynet said:
I'm so glad its not just me that enjoys saturday nights. lol

Ok it backfired this week cos I never cut back for the rest of the week. So I only lost half a pound! At least it's a loss I suppose :(

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I use mine daily, but If i have a particularly bad day I try and limit them for the rest of the week. xx

I have always done mine weekly , this week however I've decided to do it weekly . We have a christening to go to this week so I just thought I'd see how the syns went.

leighxx said:
Ok it backfired this week cos I never cut back for the rest of the week. So I only lost half a pound! At least it's a loss I suppose :(

Well done for still losing! It all counts in the end - and how great is it to find a plan where you can go out and have fun whilst still losing weight!!

I have mine over the course of a week. I would usually have at least five most days as that is the minimum recommended, but sometimes I struggle to think of something to have as I have more than enough to eat with all the Superfree and Free food available.

This works out well for me, because I like to have a drink at the weekends and this way allows me to do that. It helps me to feel satisfied and that I am not missing out on anything.

Thats exactly how I do it too. Otherwise I'm looking for things to eat so that I'm eating my syns during the week which just doesn't work for me. This way I eat all my free and superfree through the day and have a biscuit in the evening and then have a night off on a Saturday.

I always use my syns daily and would never use them weekly.

I see my daily maximum syn allowance as 15, if I don't use all that 15, then those syns are gone and the next day I start with a maximum of 15 again.

Having them weekly would personally set me up for disaster, because you could still have 2 days left and have used all your syns so then have no safety net. I know by using my syns daily, I always have them available for a treat.

I'm still juggling things around to see what works best for me, but I generally use them daily, with a kind of running tally of what I've got "left over" going on - I WI on a Tuesday, so if I know I'm going out at the weekend I keep to the lower end of the syn scale, and if I'm not then I'll have pickled onion monster munch at 10syns a packet :D

I do mine daily and try to use them on "healthy" stuff to add to my meals rather than crisps or cake etc. I do enjoy a hifi bar from time to time - that's probably the only way I spend my syns that doesn't add something to my actual meals. Some days my syns are quite low, and others closer to the upper limit. I probably have averaged about 8 day over the last four weeks.

Whilst I was losing I used my syns daily but since reaching target I use them weekly as I like to have a drink at the weekend but don't generally go too far over and then have about 10 syns during the week.

Denise

Just curious... For those who use syns weekly, when do you stop and start counting again? Normally I have a "treat" night after WI and just stuff myself with crap (bad, bad, bad habit I'm trying to break) so I've never counted syns properly, and just start again the next day. But if I was doing it properly, would these syns after WI be from my previous weeks allowance or the start of my new weeks allowance, or wouldn't it matter? x x

I start counting from the day after weigh in if i'm doing them weekly. I do tend i have something after weigh that i wouldn't usually eat, like a chocolate bar but don't go overboard usually.

tulip85x said:
Thanks for that :) x x

I think its generally accepted that syns aftwr weigh in don't count :) i know a girl in my group who goes to harvester after weigh in - and she ain't having the simply chicken.

leighxx said:
I do mine daily unless I fancy a drink on a Saturday then I do weekly.....like for example on Saturday night I drank 60 syns now I feel crappy! Guess i'll see how it works out on thursday ;)

That is exactly the same as me - about 60 syns worth of booze Saturday night and weigh in tomorrow!! I am pretty nervous to see if it has affected my weight loss - I've stuck to 5 syns from Friday to now so we'll see...

Good luck for tomorrow x

Lol - I have just realised this is an old post - how did you get on?? X

Last edited by a moderator:
That is exactly the same as me - about 60 syns worth of booze Saturday night and weigh in tomorrow!! I am pretty nervous to see if it has affected my weight loss - I've stuck to 5 syns from Friday to now so we'll see...

Good luck for tomorrow x

Lol - I have just realised this is an old post - how did you get on?? X

lol
unfortunately I didn't cut back for the rest of the week and only lost half a pound. :cry:
At least it was a loss though!
I been better this week tho had an alcohol free weekend and went back to daily syns, and being the serial scale hopper that I am this morning it says I have lost 3 lbs, but I'll wait and see tomorrow :D
Probably helps that my freezer looks like mother hubbards cupboard & I can't afford to fill it till pay day so had a week of salad nearly every night & it'll be the same next week too ;)

leighxx said:
lol
unfortunately I didn't cut back for the rest of the week and only lost half a pound. :cry:
At least it was a loss though!
I been better this week tho had an alcohol free weekend and went back to daily syns, and being the serial scale hopper that I am this morning it says I have lost 3 lbs, but I'll wait and see tomorrow :D
Probably helps that my freezer looks like mother hubbards cupboard & I can't afford to fill it till pay day so had a week of salad nearly every night & it'll be the same next week too ;)

0.5lb would be fine with me tomorrow :( I'm not expecting any loss :( although on the plus side I only go out drinking once every 4-6 weeks so have a few weeks now to really go for it lol

3lb? That is a fantastic loss - here's to the SW scales saying the same - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :) x

Back