Syns for the week

Ninja

Silver Member
I've decided to try and keep a record of my syns each week. I want to keep them under 70 a week, which gives me 10 syns a day. This week, if I stick to plan today, I'll have used 64 syns.

Does anyone else keep a record this way and does it help at all?

I only started doing this about 10 weeks ago and have found it really helpful.
The leader at my Mum's class told me I shouldn't be doing this though as it isn't normal to be writing everything down and we should all be working towards being normal around food.
I agree with the principle of this, but in practice I know it heps me to keep track of things.

I am slightly more generous and allow myself 105 syns per week, but don't see this as a target to aim for- just a level that I should try not to go over.

My losses have been better since I started doing this, so I'm not complaining!

xxxx

I do it this way too, I allow myself 70 syns for the week and some days I have lots, some days none, i always use the 70 though

I have a little notebook I keep with me and write all my food down each day in there. I keep a running tally of my syns and like cocktailprincess, I allow myself 105 per week as a maximum. I'm usually under it (or right up to it!).
I also note how many speed foods I'm having too. At least 5 a day...aiming for 8!

I will probably wean myself off keeping a food journal when I am at target, but whilst I'm getting there, I need to write it all down to keep myself focused. It's too easy to forget the odd thing here and there...and before you know it you've 'forgotten' a kg bar of dairy milk! LOL!

I only started doing this about 10 weeks ago and have found it really helpful.
The leader at my Mum's class told me I shouldn't be doing this though as it isn't normal to be writing everything down and we should all be working towards being normal around food.
I agree with the principle of this, but in practice I know it heps me to keep track of things.

I am slightly more generous and allow myself 105 syns per week, but don't see this as a target to aim for- just a level that I should try not to go over.

My losses have been better since I started doing this, so I'm not complaining!

xxxx

I used to use all my syns every day but I kept finding myself going one or two over and my weight losses came to a standstill so I dropped my syns to 10 per day and I must admit, I don't really notice or struggle with having less. Until last week (my 4th week in which I always gain or STS) I have been losing 2lb every week, whereas when I was using 15 syns I was losing half, STS then gaining half and it was a night mare. The effort was being put in but I wasn't getting anything out of it.

I need to keep a diary otherwise I'll forget about the odd bite of my daughters chocolate spread sandwich or pinching one of my daughters sweeties. I write it all down and keep on top of it. Once I'm at target, then I will try my best to maintain without writing everything down, but till then it helps to keep me focused.

I do it this way too, I allow myself 70 syns for the week and some days I have lots, some days none, i always use the 70 though

Me too. One day I'll only have 4 syns and the next day I might have 15 :) . Isn't this what real life will be like once we're at target anyway? Or should be ...lol :cool:

I have a little notebook I keep with me and write all my food down each day in there. I keep a running tally of my syns and like cocktailprincess, I allow myself 105 per week as a maximum. I'm usually under it (or right up to it!).
I also note how many speed foods I'm having too. At least 5 a day...aiming for 8!

I will probably wean myself off keeping a food journal when I am at target, but whilst I'm getting there, I need to write it all down to keep myself focused. It's too easy to forget the odd thing here and there...and before you know it you've 'forgotten' a kg bar of dairy milk! LOL!

I often find myself jotting down what I've eaten through the day on scraps of paper at work, whilst wondering what else I can have when I get home.....lol.

Back