Syns in reg doner kebab

Lucia Lucia

Silver Member
Hi

Hubby is starting SW this week and wants to save his syns or a post weigh in regular sized doner kebab. He wants the real deal not anything else but the kebab shop doner meat, a regular pitta and salad. He dosent have chilli sauce or mayo.

How many syns does he need to save each week or his weekly treat.

Pitta - 7.5 syns
Meat: Lamb doner - Small = 8 syns / Large = 12.5 syns
Salad - FREE :D
so not that high

Thanks so much for the quick reply,I just told him, it's cheered him up no end!

That isnt actually that bad is it? I love proper Donner meat so its worth knowing for a treat xxx

My oh is joing sw too when he goes back to work (next monday) so thinking a weekly treat like this will keep him on the straight and narrow. Esp if i make some sw chips to go with it! x

I am having a kebab tonight. I neeeeed something crap, I really do, and I am firm in the belief that being able to let myself go occasionally (ok once a week, but I've never been over the total syn allowance for the week) is actually helping my weightloss.

I love Doner Kebabs with loads of garlic sauce on top, I have had one since I started Slimming World (after saving up my syns) but felt awful afterwards, but it was so nice. Recently I made a homemade Doner Kebab with a strong homemade garlic sauce (although I put a bit too much mayo than you were supposed to in) and it was great. You should try it out, I think you can find the thread in Slimming World recipes section.

Thanks, I've made my own once, it was gorgeous. But I never go to Tesco often to find lean lamb mince, can't get extra lean anywhere, and had to syn that quite high last time. It was amazing. But ya know, it would be nice have the real deal once in a blue moon. I've had no syns this week yet for some strange reason, may treat myself :)

does anybody know syns value for garlic sauce? or a recipe to make your own x

I love donner meat. To make it a bit better though, I buy a small portion (8 syns) with loads of salad and no sauce, take it home and put it in a wholemeal pitta (HE B) and put my light mayo on (2 syns). 10 syns for a kebab is pretty good going and leaves me enough syns for a glass of wine if I want one!

Thank you :)
There's a little independant market thing near my house that sells really lean lamb and beef for the same price. They do chicken mince there as well which is really cheap so might try it with that as well

Any mince will be good,I've done pork before ,lamb is still top! X
What makes it 7.5 syns though. I thought lean mince was free?

Back