syns on sw website recipes

miss.mooey

Just wanted some clarification on something. I was lookin at the sw recipes on their website and found this... Bolognese pasta bake - Recipes - Slimming World
to my knowledge from the sw books ee takes its syns from the lowest plan of green or red so how can there be 3 different syn values for this recipe?? To me this recipe should be free on ee if u used the cheese as hex a or have i missed something?

thanjks for any help in advance :eek:

Because on green you syn the meat. On the red you syn the pasta and on EE you syn neither

And yes if the mozzarella is a hexA then its free on EE. The constituent parts are all free barring the cheese

Yes but it makes no mention of using the cheese as a hex A.

Ah right got u. Brain blip. On most if the recipes they take hexs into account and add a little note to add 6 syns if not usin as a hex. This one doesnt. Fab.
thank u :)

That might be because you can use 65g reduced fat mozzarella as a hex a. This only has 110g total and serves 4 meaning that it is less than the allowance for a hexA. It's roughly half a hex a portion. You could count it as a hex a (maybe adding a bit more. I don't know any recipe that doesn't benefit from MORE cheese) or have half a quota of another A choice. But that's why they don't say take the mozzarella as a hex A, there simply isn't enough

Not according to the online directory. 65g of reduced fat mozzarella or 45g regular. Both good for a hex a BUT not in the quantity they use in the recipe. I wasn't aware I HEXs changing according to the plan....

image.jpg

Back