Syns Query

rbchoccy

Hello There
I'm a bit new to this and was wondering if you eat all your syns will you still lose weight or is it best to not eat them all? Any advice would be much appreciated thanks :)

I think it differs from person to person, but I always eat mine (if not more) and still lose weight. You have to find out what works for you, really :) maybe try the 15 a day, and if you don't notice a good loss, then reduce to 10 or something? xxx

I only started this week, but our leader said that you should eat your syns. We have 15 everyday. She said if you have a big night out planned you can save 5 from every day and then use them at the weekend. She recommends to at least eat 10syns so that you do not feel deprived and break out of the diet

You need to use your Syns, even if it is only 10 a day, I personally think otherwise you deprive yourself of 'treats' and end up craving and not enjoying the 'diet'

10 syns a day over the course of a week only adds up to 1400 calories, so not even enough to lose half a pound in weight. And if you don't have then you'll feel as if you're on a diet and be more likely to fall off the wagon.

so if you have stuck to the sw plan for 6months and only had a small loss, like myself, half a stone off then gained it all back and not coming off plan, what do you do, Ive not cheated at all stuck to my 10 syns but had them all at the weekend, got everything written on my food diary,plus I excersise every day what do you do....give it up and try another diet or carry on, im sticking to green plan all the time I dont do meat.

so if you have stuck to the sw plan for 6months and only had a small loss, like myself, half a stone off then gained it all back and not coming off plan, what do you do, Ive not cheated at all stuck to my 10 syns but had them all at the weekend, got everything written on my food diary,plus I excersise every day what do you do....give it up and try another diet or carry on, im sticking to green plan all the time I dont do meat.

I would say that if you are 100% sure that you are on plan then you need to ask yourself some serious questions about portion size on the free foods. Even free foods have the potential to impact on losses if eaten to excess. That's why I think it's important to build your meals around superfree foods rather than free.

I think to some degree certain people will not lose so well if they are more prone to storing carbs. I am certainly one of those people and find my best losses happen when I have red days. I appreciate that you dont do meat and that can make things more difficult but you might find that doing some red days and using meat substitutes for the times where you would have meat, would give your body a bit of a shake up and get you back into losing.

I eat nearly 15 syns a day and hve been losing OK. I know that when I start to struggle I can lessen the amount of syns I take each day and will help my weight loss a bit more - hopefully.

Good luck with your weigh in's let us know how you are doing.

Thank you so much for the posts. Im doing rubbish still. I have a food diary for all to see so if you want to take a peek feel free. I got weighed today even tho my weigh in day is friday, still the needle sticks on that pesky number.......what am I doing wrong? Please help! I excersise and im never still, with the exception of been on here of course...

Heck, I just started sw and my leader said to eat between 5 and 15, I'm averaging about 7 or 8..is that enough?

If I were you I would start with 15. You are quite a way from target and as said you're not doing yourself any favours by cutting back at this early stage.

i think its best to aim to eat your full 15 at first so if u start to stop losing u have something to cut back but if you aren't eating may syns what do u cut back

Back