Syns Question

LorraineM

Sorry if this is a daft question, but.......my consultant said to have between 5 and 15 syns a day, and syns can be collected for use at weekends or for a meal out etc, but my question is......
what if i dont use my syns? Am I supposed to have the whole 105 syns a week?? I am averaging 7-8 syns a day atm, well only really on day 5, but still :confused:

thanks xx

hi thats fine i use between 5-10 sometimes just 7 so dont worry my consultant says we can save some for the weekend if we are going out but i worry that as weight day is a tuesday it will show so i use them daily as long as its no less than 5 and no more than 15 you will be fine. x

I;ve used 5 syns over 3 days. Tbh i have been more then satisfied with super free, free food and my healthy extras. I have bought some weetabix chocolate now and seeing they are a HEX + 2 syns it works nicely also with green so if i want another a choice i can

Thanks ladies, I have been using as part of meals rather than snacks as i have been snacking on fruit and other free stuff.
So basically it isnt a bad thing to have the whole 15 syns in a day - I wasnt sure if it was the less syns the better but it makes sense that its part of the plan, and I have to say i do feel a tiny bit deprived, but only really of an evening when hubby and I are just sat watching telly when kids are in bed!

My WI is a monday, which for me isnt too bad as i work part time, so when I am in work, thats when i tend to rely on shop bought or more convenicnce stuff, and thats Monday - Wednesday, and from Thursday onwards I have the time at home to plan and behave :D

Your syns are an important part of the plan, so it is good to have them.

I find I average about 70-80 a week. Some days i'll have only a few, and other days i'll have the full 15 or more, and I find that level works well for me.

If you don't have your syns it can have a couple of impacts. One is that by not having them you could be under-eating, as most free foods are low calorie and your metabolism will slow down. There are loads of people on here who lost more when they had more syns.

The second impact is simply the sustainability of the diet. The syns stop it feeling like a diet and allow you to eat what you fancy in moderation. Also teaching us about incorporating these treats in your life once you've left the plan.

Another impact is that if you continue with a small number of daily syns and then your losses slow down as you near target, you'll have nowhere to cut back from.

Ah good point - think i might treat myself to 5 syns of twiglets now then ;)

That makes sense about nearing target and having nothing to cut back from - good point! You are a font of all knowledge! I love it! This forum is fab! x

Back