Tabouleh kisir

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi there! This is a recipe my friend gave me...it's a lovely recipe as it is, but if anyone can suggest how to make it more SW friendly I'm open to suggestions :)

Ingredients (serves 4 large portions)

200g bulgur wheat
200ml boiling water
1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
1 yellow or orange pepper, deseeded and chopped
350g ripe tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
5-6 spring onions, finely chopped
50g sultanas/raisins (7 syns)
5 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
5 tbsp chopped mint
A pinch of chilli flakes (optional)

Dressing:

4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (24 syns or 4 x HexB)
1 tbsp tomato puree
4 tbsp lemon juice, and grated rind of the lemon
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt (although less would be fine!)
1 tsp ground pepper

Method:

1. Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl. Cover with the boiling water, stir and cover with clingfilm. Allow the water to absorb for 20 minutes
2. Meanwhile chop all the vegetables and mix the dressing. After the water has absorbed, fluff up the bulgur wheat with a forl and stir in the dressiong.
3. Add all the vegetables and herbs and mix in well.

Other than the oil this is actually quite healthy, and a very nice alternative to pasta or rice salads. The olive oil could be used as a HexB to reduce the syns for this dish :)

EDIT: I meant to add that the flavours for this recipe really do improve if it's left overnight in the fridge :)

Last edited:
I can't see anything wrong with it as it is. The oil could be your healthy extra b as its 1tbsp per serving. You may need to syn the sultanas or raisins or leave them out or could they be healthy extra b if you was on green and could have 2 healthy extras. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can't see anything wrong with it as it is. The oil could be your healthy extra b as its 1tbsp per serving. You may need to syn the sultanas or raisins or leave them out or could they be healthy extra b if you was on green and could have 2 healthy extras. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines as you. The raisins work out as 7 syns for that amount, and if the oil is used as a leathy extra that makes each portion about 2 syns. They're pretty large portions, so that's not too bad! :)

Back