Taking CD products on holiday

Britmummybites

Hubby has got to go to the states for a week. He's planning to take his CD products with him.

I know the chocolate bars are ok and the packets are ok as long as it's not the chicken and mushroom. But am concerned about the brik.

Does anyone know if you can take the chocolate and banana brik???

Ithink they are ok if in your main luggage not hand luggage......not 100 % sure though.....im sure someone will be along soon.

They are ok in your luggage I think but then there's the risk that they might leak which wouldn't be great. the main issue is milk products I think. I am sure a CDC can tell you better.

Hiya

we've had some incidents recently of the briks exploding, it's being looked into at HQ, something to do with the production line, and when they explode they smell terrible, so i would not take them in a suitcase unless they are really well wrapped up at the moment. It may be safer to take bars and packs for now. It's only certain batches that have been affected but you can't tell.

All the best

Davina

Why can't you take the chicken and mushroom packs?

I'm going to America in July and was planning on taking my soup packs and shakes with me .... do they not let them in?

Cath

Will have to check on here but if the chicken is actually made from chicken or contain any "meat" products then it's banned. I just toke it as no meat products. And you can never tell how fussy the airport guys are in the states.
I remember 5 years ago getting questioned over my kids bag. It had a banana in it the week before we went and it toke 5 minutes to reasure the dog handlers that we aren't hiding any fruit.

Thanks Britmummy - I'm on LL so hopefully I should be okay taking mine as they're suitable for vegetarians as there's no chicken in them :) Do hope I can as I only like drinking the mushroom and the chicken soups and don't fancy living off mushroom for the month I'm over there!

Cheers

Cath

Back