Tall and fat, to tall and fit

Hi everyone,

this is my first time on a weightloss forum, but i feel that now is a good time to join, as i have a goal to reach, and having a level of accountability to that means that i am more likely to succeed.

I am 6ft4, currently weigh 252lbs, with a BMI of around 31. This is still a milestone for me, as i have recently lost 5 stone. Being a tall guy, it didnt really hit me until i decided that i needed to get on the scales - my weight shocked me, and now, 5 stone later, im here, ready for the final big push to my ideal weight.

Im looking to get to 200lbs, BMI of 25, pretty much ideal cross the board - i want to do this to get more energy, have a better quality of life, and a better quality of sex life, which, is great, but i think could be incredible with the weight loss. Ive done alot of research on sex drive, testosterone etc being affected negatively by being obese - for every pound of fat, your body has to pump through another 7 miles of blood vessels, and fat absorbs testosterone, affecting sex drive and manliness overall., creating a more feminine body and mindset, which is not ideal when youre a bloke!

So, looking to lose 53lbs - hopefully by 2nd May 2014 (my Birthday). I think this is realistic and achievable with hard work and determination.

I am doing this for my wonderful, beautiful girlfriend, to give her a better looking MAN to go out with, and for me - to be a better MAN all round

Last edited:
Hi everyone, day 2 of my weightloss challenge.

A mixed eating couple of days - last night, had a Nandos pitta and rice, followed by a trip to the cinema with some popcorn :sigh: . Oh well, nobody said this would be easy! Had to walk home 30 mins in the rain, which turned into a 20 min jog, so that was some solid exercise. I stay round my girlfriends quite a lot, and usually end up running for the train - have almost passed out a couple of times on the train because ive found it so strenuous. I look forward to losing the weight and enjoying that run.

Today has been better - have made a solid commitment to lose weight, and eat more nutricious, healthy and no processed foods again. These foods are not only bad for your waistline, but have a number of chemicals in them that negatively affect the amount of testosterone in your body. Had 2 chicken breasts for lunch, an apple, a banana, and a bag of salted cashews. Will have an omelette for dinner - will resist the temptation to add other things to it like cheese. This will be around 1200 cals for the day, good for weightloss, whilst having a good number of natural nutrients, and no processed food.

Tonight, im going to go for a run, and work on starting my own business - my current job is so stressful, i have wanted to be my own boss for a long time, and now i really have the motivation to do everything!

Keep it off everyone!

I don't like bringing this topic up but I'll still ask...are you sure 1200 calories is good enough for you since you're a male and working out? I mean, if you don't feel hungry at all then never mind me and this post, I just know males tend to eat around 1500-1900 calories.

Good luck on your journey!

Back