Tapas

peachy83

Hi everyone,
I have been lurking on these forums for a while, so hello :wavey:

Just wanted to tell you all about the lovely Tapas afternoon me and my friend hosted yesterday. We cooked a few things from the world of food book, and the new magazine. Most of it was Syn free, leaving us our syns for a few cheeky sangrias!
Most of the other guests didnt even notice that it was Slimming World food, and even the boys admitted it wasnt as bad as they thought 'diet' food would be.
Hope you all had a nice weekend too.

Sounds wonderful, mate- what did you cook?

I am having a barbeque on the bank holiday and am in need of some inspiration outside the stuff I normally do (and I have the 'World of Flavours' book, so some pointers would be nice)

Obviously your food was proof that 'diet' food is not just about lettuce

xxxx

On the weekend I had a slice of Tortilla de Patata (but I'm sure that there must be a low syn alternative). When I go on SW there is a picture of one, but can't seem to find the recipe.

Here you go:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spanish-style Tortilla[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INGREDIENTS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
681g/1.5lb potatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large onion
1 garlic clove
1 large red popper
1 large green pepper
Fry Light
6 large eggs, beaten
2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley

transp.gif
transp.gif
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
food_op.jpg
[/FONT]
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INSTRUCTIONS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
1. Peel the potatoes and slice very thinly. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil, cook for 3 minutes then drain well.
2. Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the onion and place in a saucepan. Halve and de-seed the peppers. Slice thinkly and mix into the onion and garlic. Pour over 284ml/0.5pt water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain well.
3. Spray a deep medium sized non-stick frying pan with Fry Light and heat until hot. Add the potato slices, peppers and onion. Stir well to mix.
4. Season the eggs and pour into the pan, packing the vegetables firmly together. Lower the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes until set. Carefully loosen and slide on to a plate. Respray the pan and heat until hot. Carefully slide the tortilla back into the pan, the other way up, and cook for a further 10 minutes until tender. Garnish with parsley before serving.

Back