Target Weights

I'm struggling with what to do about my target weight.

I'm a comfy 14 at the moment and feel great. I want to get at least another 7lbs off, I know that much for sure, but that will leave me about 4lbs over the top end of my BMI. I'm pretty certain that I can lose another 7 on top of that an officially be within a healthy BMI range, but if I'm honest I don't think I can sustain it. In the past i've done it, but have felt really deprived and then gained all the weight back plus some more.

Maybe I should accept the fact I'll never be a size 10, but be happy being a curvy 12-14! (which feels so much nicer than the blob I was at my heaviest)

I've set my target to the upper weight in my healthy range, so 11st 7, but if I get there and decide that theres more to come off, I will lower it until I am happy!

I'm not sure, probably 10.10 as I like my curves so that will make me a perfect size 12 xx

Hi, Just wondering how you decide on your target weight. I am not a young girl so i woulds nt like to be stick thin. :confused:

Hii.. my target for me was just getting into the healthy range. I am at the top end of my healthy range. but am happy. going to stay here til next year and maybe then lose another half stone! :O) x

I knew where I wanted to be so set that as a target straight away, well I knew within a half stone range so when I got there decided I wanted to be half a stone lower and changed it. But a lot of people don't know where they want to be, so just wait until they're happy with their weight and then set target there and then, I don't think there's anything wrong with that to be honest.

I've set my target to the upper weight in my healthy range, so 11st 7, but if I get there and decide that theres more to come off, I will lower it until I am happy!

I can't believe your not in it already, you look fantastic already! You can't have far to go surely?

Hii.. my target for me was just getting into the healthy range. I am at the top end of my healthy range. but am happy. going to stay here til next year and maybe then lose another half stone! :O) x

I think you look fab how you are, but it is all about where we're happy. I can never decide if I'm happy how I am or if I want to loose another half stone, but if I do loose another half stone I'll loose it from places I want to keep it (my boobs and bum) so will no doubt still have big thighs and tummy but not nice curvy bits :p

I can't believe your not in it already, you look fantastic already! You can't have far to go surely?

I think you look fab how you are, but it is all about where we're happy. I can never decide if I'm happy how I am or if I want to loose another half stone, but if I do loose another half stone I'll loose it from places I want to keep it (my boobs and bum) so will no doubt still have big thighs and tummy but not nice curvy bits :p

Thanks! I still have a good 2 1/2 stone to go. Most of my weight is carried around my stomach, and if it wasn't for that I would fit in a lot smaller clothes, I'm fairly apple shaped! xxx

I have set mine at 10 stone, I would like to be a comfy size 12/14 though so will see when I get to 10 stone what happens, might try for 9 stone 11 so that 10 is the top end of my target and hopefully never see over it again, at least not too often.

Then again I might end up staying at 10 & 1/2, will see what happens. I am sure I would like to be size 12/14 though!

Good luck everyone!

This is an interesting thread. I have set mine just today for my pre-pregnancy weight but as I get closer I will have to evaluate and see as my body has def changed after 3 babies!

I never set my target til I was 4lbs away. I never knew where I wanted to end, as I never thought I would ever get there, so I took each half a stone at a time and aimed for that, as I had so much to lose it seemed a very very long way away! i have never stuck to a diet in my life, and SW has worked for me, and I cannot believe I am at target! I actually got told to put on weight last week as I was 4lbs under my target!! haha. never in my life have i been told to put on weight. i found it quite funny! xxx

I'm struggling with what to do about my target weight.

I'm a comfy 14 at the moment and feel great. I want to get at least another 7lbs off, I know that much for sure, but that will leave me about 4lbs over the top end of my BMI. I'm pretty certain that I can lose another 7 on top of that an officially be within a healthy BMI range, but if I'm honest I don't think I can sustain it. In the past i've done it, but have felt really deprived and then gained all the weight back plus some more.

Maybe I should accept the fact I'll never be a size 10, but be happy being a curvy 12-14! (which feels so much nicer than the blob I was at my heaviest)

I take the bmi chart as a guide. At 4lbs over the reccommended weight I wouldn't say anyone was overweight!! Some people are just too thin when they get to their weight on the bmi chart and I think being comfortable in yourself and being able to maintain a comfortable weight is much more important than trying to get to a weight that a chart says you should be. If you're comfortable in a size 12-14 then you stay there :) x

I want to get to 11st, on my consultants chart when I won miss slinky it said at 5ft 5 I should be 10st 10lbs! So ill be 4lbs over too. Ill see how I feel when I get to 11st

Back