Target!!

Mini_Mog

Silver Member
made a big decision today. ive decided to call target!:happy036:

today at work about 6 people commented on how good i look now and how well ive done. ive decided its time.

its been a long (and sometimes hard) road. I gained around 2st during pregnancy and just after and i decided that i needed to loose the baby weight when my best friend asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding. I started a very low calorie diet and I lost just over 3st before her wedding in August 2010.

maternity leave ended in July 2010 and i did regain some of the lost weight trying to juggle full time work and being a mummy to my gorgeous girl. cooking went out of the window in came convenience foods, ready meals and weekly trips to Frankie and Benny's. how i afforded it all i have no idea!:8855:

I got married in October 2010 and gained a little more weight. just after new year i decided to return to sw on a complete whim. and ive never looked back! and then i discovered minimins, which is amazing, the support, the recipes, the ideas. love it!

and today, nearly 5 st lighter than i began i am really confident that i can maintain my loss.

id like to say to anyone who is reading this and feels like they have a large amount of weight to loose and feel like they are at the bottom of a huge mountain that you can do it! and when you get there its amazing!

ive struggled the last few weeks to loose any weight, I think ive come to a natural plataeu and i feel so much better now ive made this decision, its not my original target, but it feels right!:)

WTG Mini Mog!!!!! :happy096:

Sounds like its been a long journey but well worth the effort. Inspirational to many of us - I wanna get rid of about 6lb more to reach my target.

congratulations, I think its a good decision, you have achieved so much and your posts are always so supportive of others, well done

thank you to both of you, today at work i had so many compliments that i felt like it was time. i think my body likes this weight and wants to stay there and im happy to help it keep there!

weigh in is wednesday so im going to tell my consultant i am calling target, so this week im doing a normal sw week and ill start maintaining next week i think:)

made a big decision today. ive decided to call target!:happy036:

today at work about 6 people commented on how good i look now and how well ive done. ive decided its time.

its been a long (and sometimes hard) road. I gained around 2st during pregnancy and just after and i decided that i needed to loose the baby weight when my best friend asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding. I started a very low calorie diet and I lost just over 3st before her wedding in August 2010.

maternity leave ended in July 2010 and i did regain some of the lost weight trying to juggle full time work and being a mummy to my gorgeous girl. cooking went out of the window in came convenience foods, ready meals and weekly trips to Frankie and Benny's. how i afforded it all i have no idea!:8855:

I got married in October 2010 and gained a little more weight. just after new year i decided to return to sw on a complete whim. and ive never looked back! and then i discovered minimins, which is amazing, the support, the recipes, the ideas. love it!

and today, nearly 5 st lighter than i began i am really confident that i can maintain my loss.

id like to say to anyone who is reading this and feels like they have a large amount of weight to loose and feel like they are at the bottom of a huge mountain that you can do it! and when you get there its amazing!

ive struggled the last few weeks to loose any weight, I think ive come to a natural plataeu and i feel so much better now ive made this decision, its not my original target, but it feels right!:)

:happy036:

Congrats!!! Well done on all the hard work! :clap:

Huge congrats on hitting target!! I must say from your profile pic you look bloody fantastic!!!
I have set my target to a little higher than what is classed as 'ideal' for my height, but i know that i will never reach and maintain a lower weight! And more importantly i know that it isn't a number on the scales that is going to make me feel good! What matters most is how you feel on the inside :) xx

Was reading your posts during the week and was going to post to say you should definitely call target but did not want to intrude.

I think when you have had a weight problem it is very important not to get carried away and end up putting it back on because you over focus on losing a last 3 pounds or whatever.

I have also decided that 9 st 13 is good for me,when really I wanted to be 9 st 7.

But in trying to get to 9 st 7 I risk ending up at 11 stone again.

What we can maintain is the best weight.

Very well done you!!

CONGRATS! :) Well done for your amazing loss. :)

Congratulations! I think you have made a good decision, it should totally be about how you feel once you get down to your healthy weight range, not what the scales say.
well done once again, i love reading success stories like yours it really makes me believe it can happen for me too! (again! lol)

Thank you everyone!

I was sitting quietly in the living room and basically thought why am I stressing so much over numbers on a scale when I've lost nearly 5st and everyone around me is saying how well I've done & how slim I look? My husband suggested calling target on weds when I came back from class, and last night I finally felt ready.

Quite looking forward to my extra healthy extra a day! Lol:)

I know what you mean, i want to lose 3 stone ( a nice round number!), but to be honest i will see how i feel once i get into that last stone bracket, as i may be in a dress size i'm happy with and look and feel great.
you made the right decision, enjoy your extra healthy extra lol!

Thinspired said:
I know what you mean, i want to lose 3 stone ( a nice round number!), but to be honest i will see how i feel once i get into that last stone bracket, as i may be in a dress size i'm happy with and look and feel great.
you made the right decision, enjoy your extra healthy extra lol!

I want to get my 4 st award (at slimming world-rest of weight was lost on a low calorie diet- hated it looking back!) but I think that maybe the fact that I'm staying the same means I'd struggle to maintain a lower weight. So I'm sticking now.

I'm going to have cheese & milk on a ee day:D for lasagne. I miss my hot drinks & porridge if I can only have cheese!

The last time i was at target i set it too low and it was a struggle to stay there, so i reset it 1/2 stone heavier, i maintained that weight for years! and if i had stayed in control i would still be there now!
never mind i'm on my way back there now! :)

Thinspired said:
The last time i was at target i set it too low and it was a struggle to stay there, so i reset it 1/2 stone heavier, i maintained that weight for years! and if i had stayed in control i would still be there now!
never mind i'm on my way back there now! :)

I think I would have been the same. Last time I was at target I was 1.5st lighter than I am now & it was very difficult to maintain.

Ahh thats awesome. Well done :)

Back