Target

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by *Sally Cinnamon*, 4 June 2009 Social URL.

1. *Sally Cinnamon*

*Sally Cinnamon* Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.06%)
    Just had my 1st weigh in on Monday (scary).... when do you get given a target? even a mini target would help, to give me something to work towards

thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flabbybumbum

flabbybumbum On a mission

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    i think it is up to you to decide what you would like your final target to be, you don't have to reach a certain weight range. Have a chat with your consultant and decide what you think would be realistic to aim for in the interim, as its motivating to have achievable goals along the way that you can tick oof. Good luck x

4. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    Hi and welcome Sally :D

Not sure about everyone else, but they never set a target for me. I set my own. If you need something to work towards I would suggest looking at the challenges and teams on here. They have really helped me at times when I have set a target for a certain date.

Also, in the teams, which I would suggest joining, you can work towards Slimmer of the Month, etc. It's all good fun but a nice boost! :D

Look forward to seeing you on here more often Sally

K xx

5. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Welcome aboard! I've never been given a target. At SW they let you choose your own, one that you feel comfortable with. I wouldn't be in a rush to set one honestly. Perhaps half a stone at a time? Then as you get nearer to where you want to be you can decide the actual weight you think you will be able to maintain. Or aim for a dress size and see what you feel like when you fit in it. It's so easy to pluck a weight out of the air, but everyones different, and someone the same height as you may be comfortable a stone heavier, or a stone lighter than you think is ok. I shall start fine tuning once I reach 11 stone. One thing I know, I shall never be right at the bottom of the recommended weights for my height! Aim for the top end, tho even that may be too low. It's all subjective. Good luck.

6. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    When I had lots to lose I didn't want to set a target because it seemed too far away and unachievable. I only set a target a few weeks ago. I now have 16 pounds to go to get there. Before that, I took it 1/2 a stone at a time, and once I got to the low end of whatever stone I was in, I'd be aiming for the next number down, so now my next mini target is to get in the 10's. I'm finding the nearer I get to target the slower its going, and I've felt like giving up quite a few times, and had to give myself a good 'talking to' and focus on what I want to get to.

jaylou likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.