Taste...is it that bad?!

floss

Hi everyone :)

Iv done a week on slim and save and a morning (lol) on exante before, and tomorrow Im meeting with my consultant to get started on cambridge. I'm really worried though about the taste. I bought a £100 box of exante only to find it absolutely vile, however I thought the slim and save products were really yummy, Im just going with cambridge as I need the support and kick up the a** from a consultant!

So, can anyone give me an honest opinion of the taste of the products? Iv heard some bad reviews so I don't want to waste my money!

It all depends on what u like!

I personally don't touch the soups
Love the apple n cin porridge
Lemon yoghurt, choc mint and choc orange bars
And most of the shakes are nice too
The only one I didn't like was butterscotch

But other people might disagree

I say get the biggest variety you can and taste all the products yourself :)

Hello, I have to say I thought everything I tasted for the 1st 2 days was vile - but then I just seem to completely change - I love the apple & cinnamon porridge - and I love all shakes including butterscotch lol although it is quite sweet - better as a mix a mousse - a gelatin powder you can buy off them which turns your shake into a mousse & you feel like you've had a desert!

Leek & potato soup is the only thing that I tried on my initial days that I have never gone back to - it seemed grainy.

I put more than the mls on the pack - I find things are sweet or starchy with the amount of water stated & so I put about an extra 100ml in - not as sweet, no lumps & lasts longer!

Favourite soup - mushroom
Favourite shake - fruits of Forrest
Favourite porridge - apple & cinnamon

Different people like different things. I found two days in that I couldn't stomach any of the packs, so had to change over to Tetras. First time I did CD I lived on chocolate Tetras, this time I prefer the banana. The crunchy bars are great, I don't like the chewy bars.

I have a porridge pack in the cupboard, that I am determined to try, but can't quite bring myself to do it.

Good luck, you will find the ones you like, but sometimes it is trial and error. I found my CDC let me change packs I didn't like.

I don't like any of the powder milkshakes really (although I've done lipotrim before and Cambridge ones are much nicer in comparison) I just buy the tetras which are ready made in little cartons and they taste just as nice as any normal milkshake! I have 2 tetras a day and 1 bar (gave are cranberry choc ones and lemon yoghurt ones) but u can't get the bars til week 3. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
You can have tetras from day one. Never heard otherwise. Bars and water favours are week three (theoretically).

I love chocolate tetra, chocolate mint, banana and cappucino shakes, all the porridge and lemon bars best, but it all comes down to individual taste. Can't stand soups, yet when my sister did Cambridge she only had soups and bars and didn't like shakes!

I would say get a selection first week and don't be put off if you don't like one or two. Just write them off and don't order them again. Also be aware your tastes change on this diet! Love toffee walnut first couple of times i had it, really don't like it now!

Yes sorry I meant bars *smacks head* just changed it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I got a selection of everything for my first week and it determined what I liked and what I didn't. I really am not keen on the porridges, Apple and Cinnamon is about the only one I can kind of handle, I only get 3 now and alternate that or a shake for breakfast. I love the shakes, the only one i'm not a huge fan of (but don't mind) is Mango! My absolute favourite is Chocolate! Love strawberry and toffee and walnut too! Haven't tried cappuccino or butterscotch. I love the soups, wasn't too sure at first but everyone is right, your tastes do change! The only one I hated was spicy tomato. My faves are oriental chilli and mushroom! I LOVE the bars! So far I've tried the lemon yoghurt, mint choc and choc orange. I love the lemon and mint one, don't mind the choc orange. My consultant is going to order some peanut ones in for me to try, got a feeling I'll like them! Best things to do with the shakes is get a hand held blender and that makes them so much tastier, I also put about 350ml of water in them, and don't measure the water for soup, just keep adding til it's a texture I like! :)

I pretty much ordered one of everything over my first two weeks, then went from there.

Though like a lot of others my taste has changed along the way, some things I once loved I now cant stomach (yes I'm talking to you chilli soup that has been sat there 3 weeks waiting to be eaten) at the start I wasn't into anything chocolate - I've never been a chocolate person, but now I can't get enough of the chocolate shakes and bars - ordering more and more each week! Strawberry shake - hated it week 1, retried it 3 weeks later as a mousse and mmmm! Most of the stuff I loved at the beginning (choc mint, cappuccino) ill take or leave now.

I swear I am getting fussier and fussier as time goes on!

As with most though, used to have soup daily, now I have it very rarely, just prefer something else to it!

I wouldn't say any of the products are really horrible, just my 2 least liked at the moment are strawberry tetra and oriental chilli soup.

Try everything and you'll find something you like. For me that happens to be chocolate tetra's and chocolate orange bars. Everything else makes me heave and I'd rather stick hot pokers in my eyes that put that evil porridge anywhere near my mouth again. But you'll find something, just try it all. Personally I think people that like the porridge are just plain weird but one's bread is another man's poison :D

Try everything and you'll find something you like. For me that happens to be chocolate tetra's and chocolate orange bars. Everything else makes me heave and I'd rather stick hot pokers in my eyes that put that evil porridge anywhere near my mouth again. But you'll find something, just try it all. Personally I think people that like the porridge are just plain weird but one's bread is another man's poison :D

Haha, I looove the porridge! :p

I adore the porridge and actually find myself craving it!!! On the other hand Im not keen on chocolate orange bars! So glad Cambridge do such a wide range (she says, having just ordered 15 chocolate tetra and 6 maple porridge for next week!).

I made my first choc orange today & made it a mousse - I couldn't finish it - didn't enjoy it at all - combination of taste & struggling to finish my 4 th shake now - the mousse seems to take forever to eat & my stomach must have shrunk!!

I always blend ice with my shakes and add my fiber too

I have plain porridge and add a a scoop of chocolate to it! For brekki
(Like chocolate ready brek)

And a bar a day :)

Back