Tasters?

We've had a scan bran cake taster night when everyone made a different cake using scan bran and brought them in for everyone to try. :)

If you go over to the recipe section and do a search for taster you will find loads of threads full of suggestions

What do you do at taster night, just plonk it down? Lol or do we have to write what's in it like syns ? I couldn't stay at group last night so didn't get to ask

common ones at my group are some sort of cake, chocolate.. lol... scotch eggs, quiches, curry, pasta salad.... these are common at every taster night plus others people do. x

I like to do soup and take it in a flask, I've got some plastic shot glasses that are perfect for tasting, made some KFC style popcorn chicken that went down very well too.

Your consultant should provide the cutlery, plates etc.

What do you do at taster night, just plonk it down? Lol or do we have to write what's in it like syns ? I couldn't stay at group last night so didn't get to ask

I just put mine down & the consultant asks me whats in it/how i made it when we're all sat down. Most of the others in my group do a print out though, but still have to tell the group about it.

I hate taster nights! Their the nights i just weigh and go. I dont want to bring stuff, its too stressful and equally would feel bad trying stuff other people have made if i'm not going to bring anything myself... So i just run away and avoid it!! I've only stayed to one, kinda by accident because i forgot! I feel a bit silly and a miserable old cow but i cant shake the feeling if dread when their suggested!

I usually find i'm more naughty the week after a taster night. No idea why but it makes me want to eat bad food. Need more willpower this time!

I love trying others food.It's interesting to find that someone has made one of your recipes and it's better! One session we had wicked samosas and I have tried to prise the recipe out of the maker but so far no...it's the spices that were used that I want to know.
I am sorry that you (pinkcustard) don't feel that you can participate because you don't bring any food in, it doesn't matter! the idea is to try different recipes, ask others for how they made it and most of all find a new favourite one. Out of our group about 10 people bring food in to a group of about 30--40 people, lots of reasons for people being unable to bring food so don't feel that you have to leave. next time stay and enjoy.....
Pete

Thanks for your help all.

I made scan bran ferrero rocher & couscous coated chicken bites in the end this week. They were both nice & got eaten up, but surprisingly the couscous chicken went down a storm. It was gobbled up in seconds & everyone wanted the recipe! Bonus!

PS...completely off topic but i can't find it & it's driving me mad...how do you get all your slimming world awards as your signature?

Back