Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Tea towards your daily water intake.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by N1CK1, 18 February 2011 Social URL.

1. N1CK1

N1CK1 Full Member

Sorry if in wrong place

I was discussing this with my friend, I say that if I am drinking decaf tea it is just warm water and it goes towards my water intake as by putting a teabag in doesn't contaminate it in any way. I can understand if you have too much caffeine its not good for you but I dont.
    She says that I should only drink just water. I do like water and do drink it but if putting a teabag in the water makes it wrong surely putting any flavouring it such a sugar free squash would be the same :confused:

What do you think???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Most diets say you should have a certain amount of FLUIDS per day not specifically water so if it's tea/coffee/juice/diet coke it all counts

4. katoof

katoof Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    11st8lb(46.02%)
    yeah it is just the same as drinking water... no different to you taking a green tea(for example) tablet then a glass of water.

Caffine does dehydrate you but even drinking caffinated tea is better than not drinking. de caf is just the same a water... I have been drinking lilt zero, green and peppermint tea and squash. I have no water on its own as I drink less that way

5. lindshster

lindshster Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If I were you, I would only use a couple of cups towards it and try to drink something decaffinated instead, as the caffine can stop absorbtion of fluids I believe
    (I may be wrong though!)

6. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Caffeine is a diuretic though tbh i'm quite the coffee drinker and i find it doesnt effect me much anymore. Tend not to drink squash and will have a cup of green tea now and again. I drink around 2 liters of plain water a day. Generally have a pint of water when i get up(warmed with lemon) and then another pnt of water before lunch and dinner and sip it when i'm eating :D

7. sweets154

sweets154 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.51%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    All that old stuff about "8 glasses of water.." etc etc has been completely debunked now. It all started from a misunderstanding/misquote in the first place. Considerable amounts of our fluid intake actually comes from food. Google "8 glasses of water a day" and you'll find all the stuff saying it's not necessary. You drink whatever you suits! : )

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.