Team 22 - XxX Rumbles XxX

Hi All,
Feeling crap again today - need some advice from my team. I seem to have this salty taste in my mouth, just can't shift it! Tried increasing water intake as that seemed to be the answers to most of the side effects in the book. My shakes are tasting salty and making me feel really sick. Any ideas???

Goosey - sorry to hear you're not feeling well too. Would have advised to increase the vit c but as we can't have oranges etc - not sure what else you can do! Sorry!!!

Good luck for the weigh in tomorrow - I can feel good ones!!!
xx

Hey Louie.... aww babes that doesn't sound very nice, had a quick google about how to get rid of it and everyone is just saying up your water hun and it should go in a day or two.

Can't be very nice (hugs),

He He i have the hiccups... for some reason they always make me laugh :D

Thanks honey xx
Even the water tastes funny, I hope it does go in a couple of days. Thank you for looking it up for me.
Hope you feel better soon xx

Hi All,
Feeling crap again today - need some advice from my team. I seem to have this salty taste in my mouth, just can't shift it! Tried increasing water intake as that seemed to be the answers to most of the side effects in the book. My shakes are tasting salty and making me feel really sick. Any ideas???

xx

hi lou
i find that sometimes too, i think its cos its sooo low in salt you can then taste it all the time, try adding way loads more water to your packs, especially the soups, or split them all into two, i find the tetras really salty......i put in nearly a pint with the soups, and split the shakes so that makes it over a pint, (huge mugs) see if that helps at all.... not nice,,

lol okay babes, yeh might buy some chicken if i get worse, really want to try and stick to SS as long as possible , just gonna have to grin and bear it lol,

just had a porridge and feeling abit better.. mmm porridge and nurofen :D

the cambridge thing might not work on us dyslexic's lol
xxxxxxx

ss for you is 554 cals, ss+ is 615 for everyone, not much dif really...

Will give it ago! Anything is worth a try - it's starting to drive me crazy and I'm trying to resist the urge to eat!! :sick:

Will give it ago! Anything is worth a try - it's starting to drive me crazy and I'm trying to resist the urge to eat!! :sick:

:hug99:stay strong.. try brushin ya teeth or mouth wash too. might help, try anything, cos salty cups of tea are not nice......maybe its this ketosis that makes it salty???:confused:

I split my shakes if having them hot too.. :) 2 cups of hot choc.. same calories.. bonus! ;)

I haven't tried a pint of water to a soup though.. not sure if it would hold enough flavour for me, but do put in extra.

Also put a bit extra water into my porridge.. microwave for the full time - keep stopping it to let it 'go down' to stop it overboiling. I let it stand to cool enough and it's not that bad thickness wise. :) it looks better in the bowl and stops me wanting to fill it out! ;)

I think the mental side of CD is much harder than the physical side. ((Hugs)) hope it gets better for you. Tomorrows weigh in will likely help! ;)

hey girlies, anyone on tonight? xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm back :) been having drama's with our foster child.. she's been brewing all day and 'blew' :sigh:.

Really could use something naughty:eek:.. but won't give in of course! This is a key time for me though.. comfort.. :rolleyes:

how you feeling?

Hi all

Purple sorry your having a tough evening:hug99:

Louie hope the taste goes for you soon, sounds horrible!

Well I'm back from my dad's now, we had a great day and the kids were all really good (which always helps as there's 5 of them plus my nephew in a little flat:eek:;)) BUT I didn't do as well as I'd hoped and I'm just hoping I havn't done too much damage:cry: When they asked me what I could have I said a little bit of the meat and some veg (they said it was chicken) but it was beef and there were no 'safe' vege's!!!!!! So I had a little bit of beef and some cauliflower cheese:eek: I really didn't have much but it felt so wrong 'cheating', I avoided everything else though including the gorgeous looking home made trifle:p Really really hoping it won't be too bad (and I'm very grateful to my greedy little monster of a baby for scoffing the rest lol!)

Well it could've been a lot worse hun ((hug)). Beef is nil carbs.. cauli is low low carbs and cheese is generally ok as long as you didn't eat loads.. the sauce, well I'm assuming it's real as in milk based.. So... fingers x'd for you. :) It will have bumped up your calories of course, but we're only human :)

Glad you had a good time and all the kids behaved :)

I'm off to bed now.. managed to stay 100% :)
Thanks for the thoughts.. See you in the morning

Thank you:flowers:the support on here helps so so much, if I do manage to do this (when I manage to do this;)) it will be in no small part thanks to not only this site but especially this fab team:D

Well done for staying 100%, it's the testing times that are teaching us for life after CD and you are passing with flying colours (or rather purple colours:p)

Hope everyone else has had a good day today, another week gone, another week closer to our goals:D

Aww loved-up sorry to here about your little oops, ph is right it could have been at lot worse, and i think you did really well... i would have been head first into that trifel lol
I thought you were so brave to attempt to sit infront on a sunday roast so don't beat your self upto much, that was then and this is now... jsut forget it and move on and concentrate on tomorrow.

Hope you sleep well
lots of hugs
remember never alone :D

Morning all! :)

Loved-Up - thanks for your kind words.. :eek:I can't say it's easy and Im' thinking of dropping my quorn n' veggies for a bit as don't seem to be losing much.. will speak to my CDC about doing SS this week I think.
I like goosey would have dove in head first into that trifle.. We always have one at xmas.. everyone gets a good serving.. I polish it off after that! :sigh: goodness knows how many calories I had of trifle this xmas.. I just cant NOT eat it.. it calls to me till it's gone! :rolleyes::8855:

Well am shattered this morning.. said foster child had us up 3 x last night.. thankfully Graham got up to her as she was still a bit huffy with me before bed we didn't want it to continue, but broken sleep is a nightmare when you're not used to it (would have been fine when we still fostered babies of course). lol

This morning we're tackling glossing the kitchen paintwork. :) that and water to be drunk will keep me busy I'm sure! ;)

What you all up to today? How you all feeling?

Whatever you are doing please know that like Loved-Up I truly appreciate our group :) I didn't think I'd feel as much a part of it joining another but a new one has worked so well - sure team 23 feel the same too :)
((hugs)) to you all!

Morning all

well loved up you did really well. my friends boy is allergic to fat( yeah i said fat) and he is allowed beef once a week, always has it with cauli too, so that should be fine loved-up.

sorry to hear about your foster child PH.. hope she is ok at school. and you get a kip later.....

and yes this is the best team, group of mates, family. I love you all soooo much..It makes our journey so easy with you lot.

off to WI.........fingers crossed.......... good luck to you too

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you too Biltsy and goosey:flowers:

I woke up feeling really crap that I'd 'cheated' this morning, but I feel better about it again now, onwards and downwards hey:D

Sorry your tired this morning purple, it's a killer getting broken sleep when your not used to it, if my baby boy is up in the night now I'm bombed but when he was tiny he used to feed hourly through the night and I was fine.....wtf is that about??:8855:

Good luck for your weigh in Biltsy:D can't believe it's come around again so soon! I've got mine at half six again but I won't be able to get online till tomorrow morning as straight after I've got to go to work..........for the 1st time in over a year!!!! NOT looking forward to that:eek:

Good luck going to work Loved-up where will you be working and what doing?

Good luck all the weigh in girls! :)

Am feeling a bit more relaxed now that kids are in school! lol amazing how it can make you feel better eh!? lol still yawning but nevermind! lol

Well have had a busy morning gathering quotes and preparing my own quote for a tender with the nearest city council to me. :bliss:It's for promotion of a couple of river walks they are renovating and will be my first tender to a council, so very excited. :)
Hubby has assured me it's ok to go ahead, as a sole trader I have to pay for the promotion and then claim back the money via invoice, so will have a turn around.. not a problem to a large company or even a small one that is established, but I'm little.. and just starting out. :)

Hopefully this will be another success for 2009 :D.

Just had to tell you girls! sorry!! lol

Well have had a busy morning gathering quotes and preparing my own quote for a tender with the nearest city council to me. :bliss:It's for promotion of a couple of river walks they are renovating and will be my first tender to a council, so very excited. :)
Hubby has assured me it's ok to go ahead, as a sole trader I have to pay for the promotion and then claim back the money via invoice, so will have a turn around.. not a problem to a large company or even a small one that is established, but I'm little.. and just starting out. :)

Hopefully this will be another success for 2009 :D.

Just had to tell you girls! sorry!! lol

I don't understand any of that PH, but good luck wiv your tender.....

I lost 2.5 lb so that takes me to losing a stone......yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sorry really excited.........

Back