Team 22 - XxX Rumbles XxX

This Weeks Biggest Loser is....

This weeks biggest loser is...

LouieA with 2.82% :D

Our Team total is 21lbs lost!! And 1.63%
Well done ladies! :D

Hey ladies, sorry not been about much today. Girls had swim training this morning, then we went to homebase and I have been trying to sort out my little ones bed room. YOu can't move in there for toys and clothes!!!

Well done PH for enrolling on your course and I'm sorry that your coach won't put you forward for your grading yet. But just think by July you will be a slim jim and a pro at all the moves.

Loved up - I was very much like you. Really wanted to do nursing but had herd on the grape vine that uni told you to diet and join the gym if you were overweight - which really put me off going. If it had not been for my husband who one day dropped me off outside uni and said right, you can apply and be interviewed today- off you go. I would still be at home thinking I really want to do it. Go on ring them on monday - it'll be worth it.

Have just noticed - I'm the biggest loser!! Just told OH and he nearly fell off the sofa laughing - think that might have something to do with me going "I'm the biggest loser!". Catch you all in a bit xx

you ARE the biggest loser! :p he can't argue the stats don't lie!! :D

Hope your swim training went well.

Well done everyone on this weeks losses, and well done Louie on being our biggest loser:happy096:

Louie that's a great story about your H and your course:D Actually hearing all about what you've been doing has been really inspiring me:)

Purple it's funny you should mention about hospices and oncology nursing because I'm about to go on a course for work at our local hospice on palliative care, and also one covering more about cancer care as it's something I have to deal with quite a lot a work. Your course sounds great and nice and near lol! I can imagine it would be something really helpful with the fostering:) How's your little fosling now? Is she with you long term?

:) I'd love to have gone into oncology side of things. I know it sounds weird, but my mum had breast cancer young in life, my sister and I are screened annually just in case. I've been around oncology wards from a young age and have always found the staff amazingly compassionate and helpful. It would be really nice if I could fulfil this side of me through my courses. :) Even if it's just voluntary I'll be happy :)

Fosling is well fosling.. lol I can't say much on here unfortunately but lets say that daily life is a squabble for her. She is long term :) She's 10 so we have a long road ahead of us.

Have been playing on the arcade section on here.. boy it's hard to get good scores! lol I'm not a regular on anything like that so perhaps it's me!! lol

Lol the arcade thing is def not just you, I love the games but I'm rubbish at them....much to the shame of my computer game mad boys:rotflmao:

I think the aim of working in the oncology area sounds great, very very fufilling:) It's something a little bit closer to my heart recently too as my dad has got pancreatic cancer

Ah bless your little fosling, life must be a little bit of a atruggle for her, but she's lucky to have such a good foster mum, it must be nice knowing she's with you long term

I'm just sitting here trying to ignore them all eating cream eggs:eek::cry:;) I LOVE cream eggs, but I love losing weight more:p:D

Hi guys

sorry not been on much, just been busy.

Biggest loser round of applause for lou....... well done

Glad everyone is doing lots...... and keeping busy...

went to holland and barret today and got some aloe vera tablets for my IBS, see if these ones work?????? done some more decorating and got electricains and builders round again next week...... bathroom downstairs is nearly done, upstairs one has the carpenter next week to do the boxing in and toilet plinth......so fingers crossed nearly there with the upstairs one too.......still waiting for quotes for the lounge work that still needs doing......busy as i said......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Loved up and PH why don't you go and do your nursing course?? You both sound like you have lots and lots to offer. I worked on a haematology ward so patients had blood cancers - found the work very rewarding but also very sad. I think i have said this before but the reason why I wanted to do community nursing is because community nurses often become involved with providing care for terminal patients. I like the idea of providing support to patients and their families in their own homes. It something that I feel particularly passionate about care of the terminally ill - particularly as I have witnessed both good and bad deaths on placements.

Good luck to both of you, if I can help in anyway please give me a shout. xx

My back wouldn't hold out for nursing unfortunately. :( I did think about it years ago and started looking at an access course but the shifts would play havoc too.

I have only witnessed my mums death, which was very peaceful, she knew she was going and I'm convinced she actually made the choice herself, might sound weird but she asked if she could go - long story. It is an area that I'd like to go into.. in time of course.. gotta study first! lol and like it! :p

off to watch a scary film on dvd................
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
saw v

Biltsy! Saw V!!! I am dying to see that! I didn't realise it was out yet - I've seen all the others at the cinema on my birthday as they're always released at that time but I couldn't go last birthday cos I was breastfeeding little Isaac and he fed hourly:eek::D Enjoy it and tell me if it's any good:D

Purple I'm so sorry about your mum, but I so glad she passed peacefully (I hope that has come across the right way and I havnt offended you):hug99:

Louie I may well be picking your brains soon if you don't mind, I think nursing is def on the agenda for me......I have always wanted to do midwifery but I am so tempted to do nursing first, the course I'm interested in will hopefully set me up for that. Community nursing sounds wonderful, it must really give you a chance to make a difference, you must be so proud of yourself:)

Saw V is out on Monday. But pirates always get them early, aaarrgghhh!! :D

Anyway, I just popped on to say hi and thanks for your support in our Team thread recently. Also, a big thank you to Purple Hugs for your advice earlier today. I did think about an SS+ meal, but luckily I managed to overcome my weakness before it got that far.

I'm glad we get on so well even though we are sworn enemies!! ;)

Mat that is fantastic news.. coming over to congratulate you! :D

Saw V.. jeez I'd never sleep again!! I'm definately not capable of watching horror movies!!
Err.. I suppose I should say I hope you enjoy the film!!!

Loved-Up.. midwifery could be the path for you (given your love of babies) ;) I think you have to do a certain amount of nursing before you branch off into midwifery.. can't remember exactly mind you :)

It came across fine about my mum :) it was a long time ago now, and for all I loved her, she wasn't the best mum in the world.. there were a lot of issues between us unfortunately (even longer story). lol

This really could be a huge year for us all eh!?

Morning girls!

Hope you slept well and didn't have nightmares after Saw V! lol

Weather is grim her.. off to feed thunder - so he at least has a warm belly! lol He's fine, but I fuss when it's horrible weather for him :) He never complains and comes running when he see's me arrive with FOOD his favourite thing in life other than cuddles. :)

Hope you have a good day :)

Never got the chance to watch the film so will watch it tonight, and no mat its not a pirate got it from blockbusters....lol

well morning all.......
Think i should be in for a good wi tommorrow, had a sneaky look at the scales.....up to 6lb i think.....depends on her scales on that one........
Got visitors today then off to care home for oh mum's birthday today 81 years younge as they say....lol
bought her a nice brooch and gold shawl....lots of chocs and biscuits too...she has a very sweet tooth.....was thinking of her last night and realsied how stress free life is now she's cared for at the home... Been six months since she went to live there, she seems so much happier and brighter than when i cared for her......oh seems happier too......
Well have a good sunny day everyone......well windy and sunny here......

Xxxxxxxxx

Ahh sounds like a lovely home for your MIL biltsy :) Really pleased as you hear horror stories often enough but not the nice side of things. Hope she has a wonderful birthday :D

Well done on the 6lb! lets hope your CDC's scales agree.. maybe you'll be next weeks biggest loser! :D lol

Wow biltsy, 6lbs would be awesome!!! Fingers crossed the scales agree:D

I'm glad to hear about the home too, there are some nice ones around.....and some great staff too;)

Purple hope thunder has a nice full tummy now:D

and your right, I think 2009 is going to be an amazing year for us all:D (apart from me turning 30...that's gonna really suck:p)

Hope everyones having a lovely day, we're doing more work in the house (well I say we...I mean my OH;)) I'm sat watching the teletubbies with the two littlies:D

I'm really really hoping to have lost 2.5lbs tomorrow as that will take me up to my 2 stone but we'll have to wait and see:)

Hmm I think I might have to change my avatar soon:hmm:

It's making me a bit emotional when I look at it! It's me with my little Isaac straight after the emergency c-section........ bit of a long story but Isaac was very nearly stillborn:cry:to be honest the only reason he's here safe and sound is due to pure luck (if I hadn't have been in hosp on a moniter at that exact time he would have died later that day....and I hadn't been due to go in till three days later!)

He's 9 months now and I think about it less and less often but it does still play on my mind a bit

On the other hand I love that picture because it shows he got here safely and I remember the sheer joy I felt just holding him:D

Aww loved-up - really glad luck was on Isaacs side that day! ((hugs)) and yours. I am a great believer in fate... need I say more.

If you find comfort from the photo then keep it, if it makes you emotional and is better brought out occasionally when you are able to deal with those emotions, then that is what you need to do. ((hugs))

Either way, it is a very special photo to go with a very emotional time.

Thanks purple:hug99:

It's funny how these things just hit you out of the blue sometimes isn't it?!

I feel bad for feeling so emotional over it all, as after all, I came home with my baby safe and well, but sometimes it just scares me how close we came. I don't think it helped that during the section I heard the doctors and nurses taking and they were saying that 'he should have been a stillbirth' it kind of made me feel like I'm not really supposed to have him so I'm a bit (a lot!) over-protective of him:eek:

Anyway sorry about all that:eek: but thank you, yes it is very special to me:D

I have now got tinkerbell (one of my nicknames for my little girl:eek:) and she's sprinking weight loss dust over all of team 22:D

Back