Team 22 - XxX Rumbles XxX

We told Erin and Adele first, but seperately.. Erin was a bit shocked I think and very cautious as I've lost a baby before - though she didn't know about that before I'd lost it - as I didn't either.
She is one for quietly thinking about something and comes back to you with questions and thoughts :) she is happy and looking forward to it, just concerned really - a shame but I do think it's wise, just in case.

Fosling well she over reacts at everything and anything so went completely hyper and never stops talking about it. We're not sure if the social workers will be moving her or not now though as it makes a difference my being pregnant to the long term plans etc. We have already moved long term plans to next year at the earliest but SW's were already thinking she might not be right for us anyhow. So only time will tell.. I'm trying hard not to get stressed.. trying very hard! lol

Dookie (our dog that goes to the groomers) has a short back and sides in the spring and again in the summer. He is a norfolk terrier so shaggy as anything when you let it grow! :) he looks all slick now.
I do their nails myself and baths too :) So the jack russell never see's a groomer. Dookie is a 'pro' when it comes to them though, everyone loves him! lol His last groomer was in Hertfordshire and asked me to remember her if I ever needed a home for him she was that taken with him! I did chuckle but reassured her he has his home for life. :)

Howdy all, just home from work. Managed to last the day - not sure how every muscle in my body aches!! Fortunately I was put in the clinic today - so I didn't get to drive my new car that much - but that was probably a blessing in disguise as I felt so rough. Plus the lovely ladies at work let me go home early.

Hope everyone is having a good day today. Won't be around much this evening - girls have swim training and I have a commitee meeting too.

Catch you all tomorrow xx:sick:

Glad you made it through the day louie and got an early shoot! ;) Hope swim training and meeting goes well :)

Erin was back to swimming today - after 2 weeks off as we've been away etc.

Went to my GP's today (they're phones were down), they checked with a GP and I've to go and see a GP tomorrow, not the midwife as normal, as they'll discuss my prev miscarriage and where we go from here. i'd like an early scan (at 7 weeks) or for them to monitor my HCG levels - but we'll see what they're willing to do. :)
i'm not even sure if I can have baby locally, may have to go to nearest city.. which'll be a long drive!! given that I'm the only driver in our household - and it'll be me in labour I'm not sure how we'll handle that! lol

Anyway.. that's where we're at at the moment. I'm sorry for rambling!! y'know mad pregnant woman on the loose and all that! ;)

i think thats very brave of you for telling the girls already.

hope it all goes well at the doctors, and a 999 when in labour me thinks lol or got 8 months for graham to learn to drive and pass test?????? which one ??????

bad day, must be totm coming cos i can't stop eating, got one point left and starving(well in me head i am)

sorry you feeling poorly lou, take care honey

xxxx

time to hit the 'free' foods or go to bed biltsy! ;) :p

And err 999 trip to hospital sounds like my worst nightmare! But graham won't learn to drive in this lifetime I don't think! lol
maybe a cab to hospital - it'll be cheaper than driving lessons and less dramatic than an ambulance! lol

With the girls it was difficult to make the decision, it was mainly Erin, she has been really keen on my sister in laws baby - she's due friday - and has been to the midwife etc. We are pretty 'factual' people and although there is a risk that we could all end up in tears, I think she needed to be involved from the very start. She knows about the baby I lost, we named it and she has dealt with that really well, she often says she should have had another brother or sister. :) She is really mature for her age, all we can do as parents is hope we have made the right decision isn't it.

Hi all, feeling worse today than yesterday - at least I have a day off tomorrow.

Don't fancy a home birth then, Ph???? I think the 999 is the best option, at least they have entanox (gas and air) on board - don't get that with the local cabbie firm I bet.

Anyway off to work, have a good day. Good luck at the Dr's and I hope you have a better day today Trudi.
Catch you all later xx

hope you both have a good day and feel better soon louie. Nothing worse than trundling to work when you're feeling poorly. ((hugs))
Do you think it's being back on CD or just one of those things?

Will have to see how the early labour goes - with Erin I could have stayed home for another 8 hours!! honestly I went into labour at 2am and didn't have her till 8.30 at night with them bursting my waters and then a ventouse birth. lol this time if it's far away I'll have to go in as I need to, but if it's close I'll be staying home as long as possible. And no, with 3 girls in the house, one of them being our fosling there will be no home birth. I'm thinking water birth in hospital :) All getting ahead of myself but there you are :).

saw my gp and he has reassured me that this is much more like my first pregnancy with Erin :) And therefore he has no concerns, won't do any tests to check it as it's no guarantee. I have had a blood test for confirmation of pregnancy and am to go from there :) Wait for midwife to contact me and start seeing her in 5 weeks. He confirmed my dates of 5 weeks tomorrow :) So that's good news. :)

I did check nearest birthing unit and it's actually a different city in the opposite direction than I'd assumed.. it's further away and much more rural a drive! But at least I know. Graham reassured me he can get there with the girls - that they enjoy going on the bus and they'll be excited to see us when the time comes so not to fret. :) I did say though that I don't expect him to be there long as with Erin he was there for the full visiting time! lol he was more tired out than me by the end of my stay in hospital I think! lol

Anyway... all ifs and buts, but have told my belly it's not allowed any more medical intervention till we see the midwife please! ;) hope it's listening ;) yeah i know it can't hear at the moment but y'know what I mean! :)

Scales showed me at 12st 9.5lb this morning :)

hi all

sorry been busy with cats getting the nits chopped off, lol
they do look sorry for them delves....

not soooooo starving today, but we'll see.

as for the home birth, whats the problem with that????? had one with jj 8 years ago, lovely, two midwifes to yourself, and kids downstairs watching tv, no trips, no childcare issues, wonderful it was..... don't think a cab would take you if in labour, so you;ll have to check it out.... even the gp comes to the house to do the baby checks too.....best experience i have ever had and i would recommend it to everyone, plus i had medical issues too but they still let me have home birth and i've had 2 previous miscarriages.....OH stayed clear, and just came in with my eldest once it was all clear lol, eldest also phoned all the family too, as i hadn't told anyone iwas in labour`..... my mum was a nightmare the time before, phoning labour ward every 20 minutes, drobe the midwife nuts she did....
louie hope you feel better hun...

xxx

I love the idea of a homebirth from my point of view, but am unsure of the affect of it on my kids and animals! lol bearing in mind I have 2 dogs who are close to me :) And fosling well she'd be a complete nightmare!
I haven't ruled it out though I must admit, did joke about fosling going to a friend for the day etc.

spoke to a friend after college tonight who works at the local hospital and knows the system around here baby wise - she has a 1 year old and a boy of 4 (in adele's class) who has severe special needs after prem birth at 27 weeks so lots of scbu knowledge. well she was saying that from the hospital to the town my dr is in is a 'midwife lead service'.. and that I'll have a much better experience than Dr led. :) This sounded great to me from what she said, so am hopeful this will help me sort out what I want and get it this time! lol not like with Erin.
Can't believe I keep chatting about the birth when the next 35 weeks are crucial. lol

Glad your kittens are fine hun, even if feeling sorry for themselves! I'm sure they'll be getting up to mischief again soon :)

Louie how you feeling today?

Biltsy hope your kittens feel a bit brighter today :)

Hi PH, feeling a little better today - it's my day off so thats probably helped. Very short staffed at work and very busy.

I think it good that your focusing on the birth even if it is 35 weeks away. I like having plenty of options and like to keep my options open until the last possible moment when I need to make a decision. Have herd from friends doing the midwifery course that midwife led is better.

My house looks like a bomb has hit it - don't know where to start!!! Have weigh in tonight - stood on the scales and mine show a loss of 5lb! Just hope nothing major happens between now and tonight - think a loss of that much will help my motivation!

Have a good day one and all - hope the kittens are ok? My little kitten has to have his bits done next month! xx

mo jo and molly both eating well and going out, so they both seem fine, might not be tomorrow when i try to get them back to vets for their check up lol

as to midwife lead, thats what i had, and more hospital input cos i kept throwing up for the whole 9 months, passing out, and previous 2 miscarriages, one was at 4 months, the other at 3 1/2 months.... don't think i saw the gp more than 4 times....
why do you think fosling would be an issue for a home birth??????
i spent labour wondering around and in my room with the midwife!!!!!
Oh came home from work and looked after my son.. he even had the cheek to say if i had left him at work till finish time the baby would have been born as he got home!!!!! still rib him for that one.... he has 3 other kids and doesn't do the labour thing!!!!!! jj was born at 9.21pm..... not by my midwife as she was not on call and then a hospital midwife came too, it was her first home birth and she loved it, had lots of gas and air, pethidine and this special anti sickness drug that was special for me from the consultant, as he wanted me to have the home birth i wanted,(unlike oh)(babies should be born in hospital)(he still says that now)
but as you say, you have ages yet and you have to be 38 weeks to have home birth..... hope you not feeling sick tooo much yet????

xxx

Thanks both :)
I guess I can't help thinking of the length of time it took with Erin at hospital, though in fairness it was only 4 hours that was really full on birthing stuff. I was there from 9am - 8.30pm, but wouldn't go in so early this time (once you've had one you KNOW how bad the contractions can get don't you - I went by the time on the clock in between and was there for ages as I didn't move on till they broke my waters). Anyway.. we'll see.. options are open, with the exception of an epidural, I'm not having one again that's for sure. ;)
As for fosling, well she has attachement issues and severe attention seeking behaviour. I think it'd make things really hard for Graham to handle her, the other two and me in labour.. so will have to be considered.

I am suffering really bad gas (from the top thankfully) lots of burping going on, I sound like something out of Charlie and the chocolate factory when they're stuck in the bubble flight thingy! lol I am queezy when I eat, but not too bad.
Weird feeling in my tummy like it's stretching a bit, and just want's to 'relax' into a fat state really at the moment.. hard to describe. lol I hope i'm not going to be huge straight away!! lol I didn't grow out of my trousers till I was 6 months with Erin but each one is different isn't it.
Apart from this, well feeling good - was tired in college last night but that's to be expected. :)

Am off to aqua aerobics tomorrow night - replacing karate :) There are pregnant mums go apparantly so should be nice, and thought by going early I wouldn't be self concious. :)

Have decided on a maine new england white and blue bedroom :) Bought a light fitting in Next earlier and had a good nose - without kids around Laura Ashley (no I didn't buy anything - I went for ideas), Next, M&S and BHS :) Alot of work needing done as the ceiling needs replacing but will be lovely when it's done :) Graham has the bit between his teeth now so that's great news :D

Love shopping - especially without the kids!! We went on Saturday needed to get the girls outfits for graduation - was a complete mare!!! GLad you had a good time shoppin PH.

I'm sitting here eager for my weigh in (for once) - but only because I think it's going to be a good result!!!!! Roll on 7!

Louie you should be looking forward to it too! 5lb at your weight is fantastic! :D Will need to be sure to submit your loss on the team thread this week! lol
I'm actually down 1lb this week :) so far.. but feel like my stomach is expanding... don't know if its psycological or not! lol will measure soon :)

Shopping without the girls is sooooo nice! The entire time I'm in the shops with them I'm herding them, telling them to leave things alone, leave each other alone, be quiet etc.. etc! lol So getting to go in a NICE shop and look at fragile items without any fear! lol

well back from weigh in

crap

1.5lb on
but i am due on and have very bloated painful tum from IBS, all that high fibre food, its playing havoc, plus over due, better not be in the same boat as you Jane, or OH will have a heart attack lol

BOOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS IS A THREAD HIJACK!!

Your milkshakes or your life hahaha lmao!!

i thought id chek in on you girlies since ive been gone for soooooo long and there a few messages i never repied to lol sorry!!!

omg uz are doing soooooooooooo well i am UBER jelous! i have no hope of catching up on the goss! im not even gunna TRY! but i hope youz are all okay and shrinking shrinking shrinking!!!

to answer your questing shiz....WW has been a big fat failure! so obviously i am trying the next fad of Allii pills! i am so sad i know! ill end up on CD again and ill come back to haunt you all even tho u have a new member ;) lol.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx until next time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

be very very carful about the exploding bottom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm on ww now meselfmy hearty

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i think the fear will control me!!!!! hahahaa god i am actually friggin PETRIFIED! so ill just eat like celery probs lmao!

you WW! CD is rock hard like...i find it far too easy not to stick to WW tho...

why is dieting so hard! lol!

Back