Team sandybums

i agree shell don't worry you will lose your gain in a week or 2. and i bet you aren't eating that much with having a swollen mouth.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the time being I'm gonna give slimming world a shot I don't know if it will be long term or just until I'm better but with ttc it is a diet I. An continue while pregnant should that ever happen! Ps I'm out this month af showed up early! But prob a good thing with all the mess I'm on. Il be on mins sw sub forum so will still pop in n see how you guys are doing

Ah sorry to see u leave us shell but I understand best of luck with sw and ttc. Make sure u keep us updated on both!!! Hope u feel beta soon too xxxx

I'm still here and still on the horse just lol!! No I'm doing ok but losing my motivation don't wanna give up but I'm bored now if u know what I mean still got a way to go yet so I beta get my head in gear!! U still going strong? X

Hey guys!!!! Come back come back to the team it's all gone very quite in here!!!! Ok well here goes one final push I've been messing with slimming world to no avail as I was really poorly with my teeth if u remember

Well as of tomorrow morning I'm going for one final push 5 weeks untill my holiday!! Who's with me?!

How much do u think I can lose in that time?

Hey shell!!!

Welcome back - good to have u back, it's been quiet since u left lol! I don't know where everyone went?!! How are u teeth? All beta I hope. Good luck with ur re start tomorrow let us know how u get on. I've got 5 weeks til my birthday so I'll join u with ur 5 week focus. Did u find it ok to keep the weight off once u stopped cd? Sorry to be nosy but ive pinched tiny bits of foods few times and gained a pound the next day and it's really worrying me that as soon as I finish cd I'll just pile it all back on even if I'm eating healthily and watching portions etc.

R x

Hiya!

In my opinion whatever I lose the first week (so for me about 8 lb) I put straight back on as soon as I eat again I mean straight back in too like within couple of days but then that's water weight and the rest is controllable just be careful

Now I have just eaten breakfast of toast so not according to plan..,,,,,.....

Here's the thing as u all know I'm ttc according to my charts I was due in Sunday but that's due to averages as I've had a few shorter cycles of late according to me I was due yesterday and nothing that would have been 28 day cycle and today 29 n still nothing in the past I have been known to start on day 29 but not for a while..... Anyway I've done a couple of Internet cheapy tests both bfn I think af Is coming then I don't think etc etc......

I want to start cd but not if I'm pregnant!!!! I don't want to put it off though! I've had toast but nothing to stop me starting right now n still getting almost a full day under my belt but don't want to do any dammage If I do have a sticky bean! I'm thinking maybe it can't do much dammage so early what does everybody think?!!

good luck hun i hope you are. i ttc for my son for 5 years so i know how hard it is.
not to put a downer on things but my periods have been messed up since starting cd. last months was 2 weeks late this months is due today and no sign. i was very regular 30 days.
re doing any harm i don't think so alot of people do worse in early days and your baby would have its own food for a while.
sorry not been on the thread i confess i forgot.
will be better from now on i promise

Ok lol right day 1 for me then I saw your other thread about going on ss for a week I'm gonna try ss this time at least until Monday and assess from there

Once my sunburns gone I may even dust off the 30 day shred

I was gonna say about the same as tinkerbellsmum. I'm no expert but if ur not planning a baby then u could be eating/drinking anything before u find out considering not everyone plans babies I guess it happens often when people are on restricted diets etc when already pregnant. With my first I got absolutely hammered a few days before I found it and she was/is fine (not that I'm suggesting it's ok to drink when pregnant) and my second I was taking reductil (now banned cause its so bad for u) when I found out i was preg was very worried at first but doc said not to worry and my 2nd baby girl was fine too!! So wouldn't worry but as soon as u know u have conceived obviously u will follow all the rules and be a good girly!!

I also think u will have a better chance of conceiving the healthy weight u are and the more u lose now the less u will have to lose after preg. But I am no expert u do what u feel is right. Hope my ramblings help. X

Starting the shred u mean??

Hi gain guys to keep me focused I've decided to basically spoil myself lol

Every week I stick to the diet I'm gonna treat myself n I'm gonna do it at the weekend so it helps keep me on track at my weakest time

For example this weekend when not if I've been 100% I'm gonna get my nails done a nice new set if acrylics

I've got another 4 weekends to cover I think one may be a spray tan just before my hol and another may be a manicure so two more to think of I'm also gonna order a whole new Sumer wardrobe just before I go :)

That's a fab idea. Think that's what we need to keep us going things to look forward to. I haven't had my nails done in so long!! I really look forward to my soaks in the bath with a mag now (started having long soaks to get me through the first week) really feel its a treat just to take time for myself. Got the time now I'm not stuffing my face lol!!! Xxx

The long soaks Defo a winner and when I'm in the supermarket instead of treating myself to some nice biscuits or a chocolate bar I get a new toiletry item or scented candle or something lol

I really don't have the cash for the treats I have inning but I've got to stop putting myself last If I don't want to gain back all my weight!

Yeah that's definately true, you gotta make time for yourself Shell. Little treats are fab and if your anything like me you prob would have spent a few quid on food treats through the week if u weren't on cd. I'd spend at least £3/4 on lunch a day not to mention the other naughty bits and takeaways!!!

How did u get on today?

I managed all my water haven't managed that in days well actually 2 weeks! But realised today that I'm putting a lot of effort and money into this diet so I should do it properly cause I'm only cheating myself! Sounds simple enough but I kinda slipped into not really drinking much and kinda feel like I'm not really getting the most out of this diet that I could if that makes sense I'm sure I could prob lose more if I only drank my quota everyday!!! X

Morning made it through yesterday but didn't do all my water

Ready for day 2 n back to work today had one pack already

Still no monthly...... Another Internet cheapy HPT and another BFN

Will so better with my water today

I was looking last night at slim and save vlcd it's alot cheaper I'm gonna try it for a week next week i'l order a weeks worth tomorrow if I get on ok and have a good loss then i'l carry on with it until I go away

Hi all, how's everyone doing? Did u get ur water down yest shell I didn't lol!! Let me know how u get on with slim and save and what it tastes like if u try it. How much cheaper is it?

Have a good day everyone!!

Well I was better with water but not 100% so gonna step it up today! Ok I'm off work today due to the strikes and school being closed and being a civil servant and bla lol so might be a bit tougher today Thursday is the day things normally start to slide for me in prep for weekend but hope I'm not speaking too soon in saying I'm feeling very dividers right now

Gonna keep busy n take little one clothes shopping :)

Slim and save you can get a weeks worth of shakes for around £23!!!! They say to take a multivitamin though so it's obviously not 100% balanced I don't mind as I'm only on it for a few weeks

They do a total food replacement week thingy consisting of 1 shake 1 soup and one meal ie Spag Bol per day it's lower in cal than cd and carbs so still a ketosis diet

That works out at £30 per week but I like the idea of having that 'meal'

On going to order some tonight and when I run out of cd stuff i'l try it for a week if I have a food loss i'l stick to that for the next 4 weeks I'm deciding if I should stick to shakes or try the latter mentioned option

How's everybody doing and feeling?!!!

When's everybodies weigh day?? Mines Monday but I didn't start back until tues but gonna keep it as Monday

Ps still no af!!

I was gonna invite a few new people to join are rapidly shrinking team from the main board????????

Back