Teeth Issues

poohbearmufc

Longing 2 b a yummy mummy
Has anyone who has done cambridge had trouble with crumbling teeth, I had issues last year with hair loss, but now my teeth seem to be crumbling!!

Love

OMG- crumbling teeth is a total phobia of mine! Poor you. Exactly what has happenned?

OM giddy aunt- poor, poor you! Did just a wee bit of tooth go or the whole bleeding thing? Are you sure it's actal tooth not jst a bit of filling?

I heard the diet can cause gum problems (because you aren't chewing so no saliva produced) but not teeth problems.
To be honest I think my teeth are probably better off on the diet as I might not be chewing but I am sure the chocolate and sweets I used to chomp did my gums no good at all.
I would not have thought the diet will be causing that. Have you seen your dentist?

Good idea Anna- the last thing that sprang to my mind was to see a dentist!! (Which is obviously the right and proper advice- if I saw one maybe I wouldn't have teeth phobia's!!!)

Have you had root canal work done on this tooth in the past? A root filled tooth will eventually crumble away.

it has had root canal treatment, and it is the whole visible tooth, just left with a bit that goes below the gum.. Unfortunately can't afford to go the dentist till next month, not in pain at the moment, not sure if I will get pain with not having a root!

Love

Hiya

I deffo got gum probs on the diet and had to use special anti -gingivitis mouth wash. However, sounds more like natural degeneration with yours...horrid tho!

it has had root canal treatment, and it is the whole visible tooth, just left with a bit that goes below the gum.. Unfortunately can't afford to go the dentist till next month, not in pain at the moment, not sure if I will get pain with not having a root!

Love
Hi poohbear,

just reading about the tooth problem i recently had root canal treatment and my dentist told me that i will need to have the tooth capped, because when they remove some or all of the nerve the tooth becomes brittle over time. So that could be it and not the cd.
Teeth hey, ouch!!:mad:

Ohhh Poohbear,
WHATEVER YOU DO SEE A DENTIST!!!!!!!

Had a hole in my tooth and kept putting off seeing the dentist....got a toothache....ended up with an abcess which spread....had to take 2 lots of very strong antibiotics....HAD THE TOOTH REMOVED TODAY!
This all happened over the last 2 weeks:eek:

Not trying to freak you out.....just dont want you to go thru the horrendous pain I went thru!

If nothing else...rinse every day with an anti-bacterial mouthwas until you can see the dentist....my dentist said it was one of the worst infections he had seen, may have been aggrivated by the shakes (milk products.... as I was good with brushing but that cannot get in the nooks and crannies)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Back