Step2 810kcal Tempted by Smell/Sight of Food :(

MadisonsMummy

Hi All,

I am new to this site but needed to register to gain support.

Im just after some advise really. I started the Cambridge 810 last Monday so today is day 11. Sometimes i find it an absolute breeze and other times i feel like im hitting a brick wall. Like now, im on lunch at work and just sitting on the comp with the smell of food wafting around me. It's currently all i can think about. My mouth actually waters! Thing is im not hungry... well actually I can feel my stomach starting to rumble haha but i dont feel overly hungry. I keep reading about people who have been on this diet, well SS that have done it for months and i just think How?!

I only lost 3lb in the first week. Well actually it wasnt a full week. I started on the Monday and was weighed on the Saturday. But i just keep looking at myself and thinking i've still got so much to loose. I want to loose a stone, maybe a little more from now and it just seems like its going to take forever.

So, what i need help with is knowing how the hell people stick to this for so long and stay focused and 2, how do you stop the smells/looks of food from smelling and looking so amazing!

Please help! Lol.

Thanks in advance to all that reply.

Hiya,
It's a shame you've not had a good loss so far but that will come I'm sure. I'm doing the 810 too and am doing ok - 4lb loss in week 1 and 16 total in just over 1 month.
Not sure what others do but I carry veg stock with me, low salt variety and have a cup a soup of that at lunch. I also break my bar into 4 pieces and eat the bits at 11,12,1 and 2.
I also have new internal dialogue; "you can eat if you want to, you are choosing to do this so that you feel better about yourself"
I'm trying not to criticize myself for wanting food but focus on the positive choices I'm making each time I drive by McDonald's, or pass up the home made cakes bought in by colleagues.
I'm sure you'll get there

As you don't have very much weight to lose at all, I would say 3lb is a very good loss! Well done you. Keep at it and you will be at goal very very soon :)

3lbs is a great loss for your weight! Dont be disheartened a loss is a loss!!

Back