ten stone + to lose - super motivated...

emmaholl

Hi all,
Looking for motivation online and saw this site. I've just joined weightwatchers as I am at my all time highest weight ever...21 stone 10lbs! I've just had minor surgery and felt terrified about the thought that i might not come out of the anesthetic :(. So I am super motivated :D to succeed and would love any tips to keep going. I lost 2lbs on my first week which was a little disappointing but in the past I have always lost more weight in the second week.
So hi to you all, look forward to chatting with you... Emms x

Hi Emms!

Welcome to the forum! I am also new here but looking forward to seeing everything! we all need this kind of support. I am on slimming world but i have done weight watching and found it good!

Good luck!

Ruth

Good luck with your weightloss. Well done on your first weigh in- you are sounding very motivated. Hope your 2nd week is going well. I also have a lot to loose and I am finding it easier to break it down into smaller amounts. xx

Hi and well done on your weight loss and good luck for your 2nd wi. Im also new to this site and on my 2nd week of ww, lost 4 and half 1st week but my choc cravings are back to haunt me now so may struggle! This site seems really good for support and ideas x

Frumpy Mummy said:
Hi and well done on your weight loss and good luck for your 2nd wi. Im also new to this site and on my 2nd week of ww, lost 4 and half 1st week but my choc cravings are back to haunt me now so may struggle! This site seems really good for support and ideas x

Hi I've done Ww before and found the choc toffee bars were a great help when I was struggling with my cravings hope this helps you

Well done Emma and keep going, a little tip try drinking at least 4 pints of water a day as this helps you flush out your system and fills you up ( not fizzy drinks ). I lost weight with SW & WW before and they do work as long as you stick to the diet :))

Thanks guys for all the kind encouragement. Had a little blip today - bad day at work and had no energy to cook so go a kebab on the way home. Counted 25pp for it - and only ate half as it was soooo greasy! Amazing how much your tastebuds change after only one week. Back on track now. Should have come home and read your comments first before tea. Won't make that mistake again! Thanks for the tip on water BAF - I do drink loads of water as i have a health issue with my water works and anything stronger than fruit tea gives me tremendous pain - so water is my drink of choice.
Hope you all have fabulous weight loss this week!
Emms x

Hi I've done Ww before and found the choc toffee bars were a great help when I was struggling with my cravings hope this helps you

Ive heard a few people say that about the toffee bars but my problem is I can never just stop at 1, once I get the taste I just want more!

At least with them even if you eat the whole box it's only 10 pp points so that's not as bad as eating half a packet of biscuits or even eating a large bar of choc. Also you'll get jaw ache eating the whole box which will put you off doing that lol.

I hope you manage to stay on track xxx

At least with them even if you eat the whole box it's only 10 pp points so that's not as bad as eating half a packet of biscuits or even eating a large bar of choc. Also you'll get jaw ache eating the whole box which will put you off doing that lol.

I hope you manage to stay on track xxx

That seems like a good idea then (the toffee bars, not eating the whole box)! I'll get some on mon at my wi, thanks x

Hi- I just want to say, best of luck on your weight loss journey.

I'm on the dark side (slimming world ;) ) and i started with 10 stone to lose (i was 22 stone 7 when i started) and this week i got my 5 stone award :) Weight loss is doable, and I hope that your plan works for you as well as mine has worked for me :)

xx

little_bubblez said:
Hi- I just want to say, best of luck on your weight loss journey.

I'm on the dark side (slimming world ;) ) and i started with 10 stone to lose (i was 22 stone 7 when i started) and this week i got my 5 stone award :) Weight loss is doable, and I hope that your plan works for you as well as mine has worked for me :)

xx

Well done that's fantastic you should be so proud of yourself xx

Well done that's fantastic you should be so proud of yourself xx

Thanks- I'm getting there (the feeling proud of me thing, lol). It's such an achievement- I just can't wait to be at target!!! :)

Hey Little Bubblez - thats amazing!
Can i ask how long it has taken you to lose 5 stone?
I am counting in pounds and have made a little chart that is on my fridge and I put a little gold sticker on the pounds I have lost which has been really motivating. I've listed the boxes in tens as well which makes it feel as though I have ten little goals. I am now under 300-lbs and into the '290s' so have reached one goal already in two weeks!

Hey Little Bubblez - thats amazing!
Can i ask how long it has taken you to lose 5 stone?
I am counting in pounds and have made a little chart that is on my fridge and I put a little gold sticker on the pounds I have lost which has been really motivating. I've listed the boxes in tens as well which makes it feel as though I have ten little goals. I am now under 300-lbs and into the '290s' so have reached one goal already in two weeks!

I got my 5 stone award last week, and that was after 6 months and 2 weeks :)

I love the tickers (the ones on my sig) so the little blobs move a bit closer to the end every week :D a nice physical indication of my progress :)

Slow and steady is the weigh ;-) forward! I put two on this week so would kill to have lost two!! Lol well done to u :) and in future if u ever think 'only one' etc then pick up a bag of sugar or a tin of beans and realise u aint carryin that around with u nemore! Lol ive been ww for 7 month now and lost 48 pound, been kinda losin sight abit recently hence why i just joined here but went morrisons at weekend and put 48 bags of pound sugar in to a hand basket! Now that was an eyeopener!! Lol keep up the fab work :) xx

Thanks LS - that's a fab idea - the sugar bags in a hand basket. Love it - so going to do that when I've lost my first stone!

Had people for dinner last night and did so well..I made a roast dinner and was able to count everything and made meringues and raspberries with elmlea cream for pud - so easy to point!!

Dead chuffed with myself :D . I totally feel in control of what I am eating - my appetite has shrunk and I'm not craving bad things anymore...not to say that I don't dip into the treat box every now and then!

Back