Total Solution Tenney's total solution diary

tenney 75

So after being encouraged by reading so many diaries - I thought I would write my own. I'm hoping this mainly will keep me going when times are getting tough. I did exante 2 years ago and lost 2.5 stone - only then to put it back on with rather alot of comfort eating due to stressful events happening in my life. Anyway I'm back on track and hoping I get back into the 'zone'. Don't think it's gonna be easy with an 8 year old and a a 5 yr old girl who are more aware of what I am eating now than when I did exante 2 years ago but we'll see.
I've started with a shake (made into a what I call 'angel delight') for brekkie, same for lunch and just had a mug of bouillon and gonna have a bar for tea. Feel like poo! Light headed, hunger pangs and its only day one. I'm aiming to drink 4 litres a day like before and I forgot the feeling of constantly needing a wee :-( also wondered if I should avoid drinks with artificial sweetener as last time I'm sure that made me have food cravings but don't hold me to that as water after a few days may start to taste bland. On wards and upwards anyway... Wish I was on day 5 and ketosis was kicking in but hey ho :)

HI, just take it 1 day at a time and you will get there.It will be soo worth it! xx

Good luck Tenney you can do this, like you I have young children and as a family, we do all enjoy eating together, its vital for families to have that time I think and to treat food as normal. However, at times we do need to just put ourselves first and do what is right for us so I'm not worrying too much and mine are slightly older than yours and very aware of calories/health through things they have learned from school/tv.

My mission is to be happy within my own weight and be a fit and healthy mum. I do swimming where possible and that keeps me pretty toned and is perfectly fine on the low exante program (ie doesn't affect my energy etc). I need to learn PORTION SIZES, that's my main issue and of course think about the type of foods I eat. Low carbs is my way forward I feel so much better eating that way. I'm pretty sure its meant to be water, soda water or the exante drinks mix which I have hot they are lovely and give a bit of the sweet we desire at times, they last age too. I think sweeteners are a no no where possible.

We are very similar weights, I started 12.4 1/2 and got down to 11.2 went off the boil for 3 weeks holiday season and of course piled some back on. I'm not giving in and start back afresh in the morning, my goal being pretty much the same as yours. Onwards and upwards good luck.

Thanks jasper it's diet that really works I just have to think about maintenance after and low carb might be a good plan aswell as regular exercise. Last week I was sat watching tv and just ate one thing after another just for the sake of it - I don't think I even really enjoyed half the things I was stuffing in my mouth! And then I just felt fat and greedy and thought things are gonna have to change. So this time I want to change my bad eating had its for good - I know there will be times when I have a blip but at least it won't be as often and I can then get back in control.

Anyway day 2 and feeling ok so far. Got low energy things planned for today - swimming lesson with dd and out blackberrying with mum and girls this afternoon. Hope the hunger pangs keep away :-(

Feeling very happy as just bought knitting needles and some nice cream wool in an attempt to make a scarf and keep my hands busy. Haven't knitted in years in fact since I was a little girl when my grandma taught me so I'll see what I can remember. My hubby is laughing at me but I'm hoping it will keep my mind off food. Hmmm....

Day 3 ... Woke up feeling light headed and abit down - really missing food today :-( I got my girls their bran flakes and was so tempted to grab a handful - they smelt (weirdly) so good. Ho hum! On a brighter note I'm loving my knitting. It kept me busy whilst watching xfactor last night whereby usually I'd be reaching for the crisps! I've been on you tube and learning all different styles of knitting - I never knew there was so many different stitches!
Anyway easy day today before back to work tomorrow. Hope I've got more energy by then.

Day 4 yay!!! It's going faster than I thought. Can't wait for wi on fri but until then I'm not going to peep. Feel these first few days are more doable than last time I did exante and I think that's down to vast amount of water I'm drinking and also cutting out artificial sweetener in coffee and therefore no diet coke etc.... Yet. For me it triggers hunger so till I'm well into ketosis I'm steering clear.
I have to say aswell the knitting has helped alot! Keeping my hands and mind busy on an evening is perfect for me as its a time before when I would just nibble so I recommend anyone to take up some sort of hobby.
Well ...better get ready for work and my 1st shake of the day.

hey, you're going well. I'm just one day ahead of you, day 5 for me so weigh in on thursday. cant say i've been hungry the last few days but it's just the habit of eating that i'm missing. i seem to always be eating when i'm not dieting! i dont know if im in ketosis or not, have got a skanky mouth and tongue but i do get that when i reduce my eating and smoke too much!
it has seemed like a very long 4 days, just looking forward to thursday wi.
however i've never managed to get past 7 days before so a little anxious how whether i will stick to it for the 2nd week. want to do this for 4 weeks before i go to spain for a week, have a planned break and then get straight back on it until i get to goal!

good luck, speak soon

Good morning Tenney, just catching up with some diaries and you're doing fab! xx

Thanks susysu and gigglepants. Well day 5 here and feel like death warmed up - almost flu symptoms - hope it gets easier soon. Got alot of negative comments from work colleagues yesterday saying I was making myself ill living off so few calories a day - both girls are very lovely but size 8's and can eat anything & not gain weight so I just took it with a pinch of salt. Trying to tell very few people I'm doing exante just because of this response. We did then talk about our Christmas 'do' and it spurred me on to thinking of myself in a little sparkly black dress.
Well onwards and downwards ... Lets see what this day brings

Good morning, sounds like you're getting into ketosis so you should start to feel a lot better and the diet feel easier over the next couple of days. Hang on in there! xx

Yes, apart from my best friend and immediate family, nobody else knows I'm doing this. Much less stressful than trying to justify it!

Have a fab day xx

Well done how do you make the shakes into angel delight?.. I start today 7 weeks to my holiday

Hey anniem I tend to just use a little water to make into a paste and then add more until consistency of angel delight. I found that drinking shakes aswell as all water was getting boring and so I started making them like this. It is an aquired taste though and takes a while for taste buds to adjust - banana shake is a good one but vanilla made up like this isn't so good. You need to drink more water to compensate for amount you're not putting in the shake. Good luck...

Day 6 and I've woken up feeling good and not hungry. Got a busy today and hoping I'll be able to cram all the water in. My girls haven't asked yet why I'm not eating with them as much but that will probably come at the weekend. Must admit last night I could have easily grazed watching tv but instead I picked up my knitting needles lol - but it did the trick kept my hands and mind busy. Anyway time to get started on Wednesday....

Good afternoon, hope you're having a fab one xx

Day 6 and feel abit down - I'm missing not been able to look forward to a glass of wine on an evening and thinking of my daughters birthday next fri and how I'm going to manage that without eating conventional food. Think we're taking her to sundown on the sat as her main treat but then fri night of her birthday we're going out for a meal and really don't want the girls to see me not joining in with them. Hmmm... Will have to think about that. In the famous words of Scarlet O'hara " I won't think about that now, I'll think about that tomorrow"
Feel good in myself and have abit more energy. Think it definitely helps being busy at work to keep my mind busy and don't have time to think about missing food.
Well on with the day....

I know what you mean about the glass of wine Tenney. Some evenings after a hard day at work I could kill for one. Have ought some of Exante's white wine and elderflower drink mix. Am sure it will be nothing like the real think but will let you know when I open it!

Hiya Tenney.

I personally would try to stay low carb and maybe drink sparkling water to limit any damage.

I'm doing good thanks xx

Back