Teri - on the road to being slim

TeriC

Nearly through today, hasn't been quite so bad as yesterday, when mid-afternoon I felt so hungry I could have caved in then and there, I just upped the water intake and kept busy, I know many people have varying views on having fizzy drinks but had a can of Zero Coke last night, it was my 'treat', a much better treat than filling my face with loads of unhealthy food which is what led me here in the first place.
The biggest battle for me won't be the CD but afterwards, when I get back to eating food, even though it makes me cringe to say it I'm a binge eater, and I've often disgusted myself with the amount I've eaten even though I haven't really wanted it, then I'd diet for a few days only to binge again, no wonder I could never get the weight off!
I've been on and off various diets since my early teens, constantly worrying about my weight which has yo-yoed up and down over the years.
Well I guess its one step at a time...

Got to Day 3

Woke up feeling terrible this morning, sat and had a coffee (decaff) and a large glass of water and started to feel better, getting through the shakes pretty well, don't seem to have had any yet that I don't like so all's well there:) Have to keep busy (which is easy when the kids are still on holiday) to keep my mind off food, it will be next week when they go back to school that will be the real test, I guess the dogs won't mind extra walks to keep my head out of the fridge/cupboards!
Thankfully its not too much of a problem cooking everyones meals and then sitting down with my shake (yet!) I just keep reminding myself of all the clothes that I can once again wear (that haven't seen the light of day for some time) , and all the new smaller sized ones that I can go shopping for!

Had my 2nd weigh in last night and due to the OH hiding the scales had a lovely suprise when I found out I'd lost a further 7lbs, I was just over the moon and grinning from ear to ear!
Having a total loss of 12lbs in just 2 weeks is tremendous and has given me more motivation to carry on, off to visit the In-laws at the weekend which I think may be difficult for me as it seems every time we visit them its like they are trying to feed the five thousand, and they constantly bring out loads of rubbish stuff (usually chocolate coated!) and insist we have it, well NOT me, OH has already told them I'm doing the Cambridge and as expected got all the "What does she need to do that for she? doesn't need to lose weight, she's alright as she is" blah, blah, blah so I'm quite prepared for when we get there, and it's a case of if they don't like what I'm doing too flippin' bad, I'm doing this for me NOT them. I've stuck to this religiously for the past two weeks and won't be pushed off the straight and narrow, and if they don't like it tough!

Good luck hun, well done on the weightloss so far. x

Back