Tesco BNS & falafel salad

xmisskx

Gold Member
Hey guys...
Just wondering if someone can confirm if these are still syn free?

I know they used to be 2, then listed as free but when I got some today, I noticed the calorie content had gone from 255 to 287 and although we don't count cals, I'm just wary I should be counting them?

Thanks in advance xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2409688466.jpg
    image-2409688466.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 844
Oops - it appears not :cry:Unless the syns are from the yoghurt dressing & you leave that out.
ProductExtra EasyOriginalGreen
Falafel & Butternut Squash Salad with Yogurt Dressing , per 100g
Falafel & Butternut Squash Salad with Yogurt Dressing , 255g bowl 6 14½ 6

awww i can NOT believe it :(

i drove 30 mins to a tesco that sells them cos my local one doesn't.
bought 2 - one to have tomorrow and the other on wed at work - to save me making a lunch that day etc.

thanks so much for checking for me...but i wish we'd "met" on better terms :giggle: xx

Don't let the syns mar your enjoyment - they're only 6 each after all so you can perhaps shave those syns off your day or weekly total.

Would you perhaps try making your own? There's free falafel recipes, roast some BNS (I only found BNS when I joined SW & I flippin love it) & adding bits of salad.

i do like them...but there's no way i'd use 6 syns on them (not when they've been free!!) especially cos, as you say, i could make something like it myself.
they're so handy to grab for lunch when i'm working but i'm more miffed that i travelled that way today, and was buzzing that i'd finally found a store who had them :(

och well...not to worry (she says! lol) x

Looking at the ingredients, both the peppers and BNS are roasted in oil. Then there's also oil, flour and sugar in the falafels. They're advertising it as yoghurt dressing but it also has oil, full fat sour cream, regular cream, flour and sugar. I guess all those little bits add up. :(

Looking at the ingredients, both the peppers and BNS are roasted in oil. Then there's also oil, flour and sugar in the falafels. They're advertising it as yoghurt dressing but it also has oil, full fat sour cream, regular cream, flour and sugar. I guess all those little bits add up. :(

Yeah, I'd taken things like those into acc, but it used to be 2 syns then syn free but to jump to 6?

*sigh*

You poor thing Miss K. You are really feeling that aren`t you. I had just posted on your other thread about the syns.

It could help when they change things - the shops that is - if they put "new recipe" on the items. We get used to having a certain product and are pi**ed when they change and we don`t know. Now I go to group and didn`t hear anything and I have on line, but don`t look up everything I buy just to be sure. It can really sabotege our eating plan. Might have got the info in SW mag, but I find that a waste of money just to get updates sometimes.

I try to get a little peak if I can sometimes. What about having one of them after dinner when you know you have enough syns. Ah but they don`t last long do they.

they were fab for being free food....WERE being the operative word lol

i won't be counting 6 syns...think of the chocolate i could have for that ;)

i could use the cauldron falafels for 1 syn each and make my own salad i suppose.

they're still good for 287 calories....but as we don't count calories on SW...it's not valid really x

It's a bummer when you think you re being good only to find that the syns are high. I got stuck in traffic and my lunch had got all soggy so bought what believed to be a healthy sandwich , ended up 15 syns

lol...always the same though isn't it.

but just think, you could've grabbed a mcd's for quickness and that would've been waaaay worse ;) x

3 months ago that's exactly what I would have done .. Cheeseburgers were my downfall as I'm on the toad with my job and it's too easy to drive through and eat whilst on the go. The thought of that Knicks me suck now x

Hi guys, I did a quick search but couldn't find anything, does anyone know if the feta and butternut squash salad from tesco would be similar syn wise?

Not sure what nutritional info is needed,but I didn't want to waste a new thread by asking.

Just seen on the bottom that it's nine ww propoints so that's making me think the syns will be quite high, I was trying to be semi sensible too!

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, I did a quick search but couldn't find anything, does anyone know if the feta and butternut squash salad from tesco would be similar syn wise? Not sure what nutritional info is needed,but I didn't want to waste a new thread by asking. Just seen on the bottom that it's nine ww propoints so that's making me think the syns will be quite high, I was trying to be semi sensible too! Thanks in advance!

I think this is it...

Tesco, Healthy Living Feta & Butternut Squash Salad, chilled . (253g pack)
EE & GREEN 10½ RED 18½

Thank you so much, I think 10.5 sounds about right, I will just have to be sensible the rest of the day!

Back