Tesco Diets

kadmus

Hi,

I'm in a great mood. I weighed in at 13st 2 lbs today, just 3 lbs off the "ok" weight range. Been on SS for 9 weeks and it's been tough sometimes, but worth it.

Has anyone on here been on Tesco diets or knows anyone who has been? I want to go on to the GI diet but have zero imagination when it comes to cooking, so it appeals to have meals mapped out and the ingredients added to your shopping basket automatically. I just am unsure how much it is going to cost. SS has cost a fortune (worth it though), and I don't want to go onto another costly diet.

Wow, I just totally rambled!!

You really need to work your way up the programmes with your counsellor before you start Tesco diets.... you should get to the 1000 progamme.

The reason I say this is because stepping up from SS needs proper management to ensure that you can continue losing weight. If you go from SS straight on the the GI diet, I can almost guarantee that you will see a weight gain and no losses for some weeks...

Try to do at least 4 weeks of stepping up with your counsellor first, then you should be able to switch to the GI diet with ease.

HTH

Hi Ali, Thanks for the reply. I will be working up the plans, I was just thinking long term. I want to get into the mindset that I will be continuing my weight loss or at the least maintaining what I have lost after I have finished with Cambridge.

My counsellor does give me advice and tips on changing my eating habits and mindset, and I know I am totally unimaginative when it comes to food, hence why I got fat I suppose (easier to eat junk).

Glad to see I'm not the only insomniac on this forum!!!

Might try and go back to bed after I've finished my cup of tea!

I know what you mean about imagination.... I spend a lot of time developing low cal/fat/carb versions of whatever my client's favourite foods are .... (It's one of the questions I ask at the initial consultation!)

I usually present them with the recipe as they move into the appropriate plan.... As a consequence sometimes, my family has had to eat some real disasters, before I've got it right!!!

I am married to a chef too. So I used to have these really rich, exotic meals. Didn't realise how fattening they could be, added to shift work made for about 4 stones in 2 years!!!! So now I have to take charge of my own food so I know what I am eating! Hence the Tesco diet. I'm hoping that they provide interesting meals that are very easy to make, and hopefully cheap!!!

I joined up with Tesco diets last year thinking it would be brilliant. It's true that they give you so much choice, you can change the suggested meal if you fancy so it is tailormade which sounds ideal. BUT it took soooo long to change/do each time, and the menus printed out but not always the recipes - I gave up in the end because it was just to complicated. Also I didn't find it very motivational and didn't lose any weight - so here I am!

Am I the only one who thinks doing CD has saved them money ???

My CD money comes from not having takeaways twice a week and a bottle of wine every night...

If you think CD is expensive wouldnt you be better off, when you stop the plans, going onto Slimming World or WW where you just eat normal, healthy food, rather than an online diet regime ?

Just my opinion - don't mean to offend anyone...

Tracy

do tescos now add the items to your shopping basket? they never used to - i signed up once, but cancelled when i found they didnt....

Afraid I have zero idea about Tesco diets, but will be interested to hear about them...

A little confused though...maintaining and losing weight are different things. Different mentalities. What is it that you want? If you are dieting to lose weight...then that's not maintaining your weight...if you get what I mean.

Am I the only one who thinks doing CD has saved them money ???

My CD money comes from not having takeaways twice a week and a bottle of wine every night...

If you think CD is expensive wouldnt you be better off, when you stop the plans, going onto Slimming World or WW where you just eat normal, healthy food, rather than an online diet regime ?

Just my opinion - don't mean to offend anyone...

Tracy

I'm with ya. I found one of my old binge reciepts. Seems I average about £30 :eek: for a couple days binge. Most people don't see that coming out their bank though....they need to count up all the little munchies they pay for in cash, all the alcohol..all the little bits they pay for all their food.

I'm an extreme example. Binge is on top of normal food. I save a fortune by being on CD.

you can get some really cheap recipe books on ebay and amazing for low GI.....i persoanlly wouldnt bother with tesco's diets for long term advice, but maybe just for a month or two until you get used to it all!
xxx

Thanks everyone, I think I might give it a miss then. I just bought a book called "GI Medditteranean diet", which I think should be good.
By maintaining I mean not putting any weight on after coming off CD. I plan to get down to 12 stones with CD, and would like to keep around there. I don't want to lose anymore than that. (I just looked at what I posted and I confused myself I think!).
I think you are right about the cost, I guess you don't notice all the other things you buy in excess to your weekly shop, so in that case it is probably equal.

Back